Company Name: Bloomberg LP
Location: New York, NY
We work hard, and we work fast – while keeping up the quality and accuracy we’re known for. It’s what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. You’re the type of person who has a passion for people and events planning. More so, should you enjoy dealing with people and be someone who knows what customer service really means, we would love to have that initial conversation with you.
We’ll trust you to:
In this position, you will be responsible for the planning, management and execution of business unit events across Bloomberg:
- Plan and execute sales and marketing event programs for assigned business units
- Use Bloomberg-specific event execution tools, programs and infrastructure to deliver events.
- Implement event processes, standards and measurements across all events
- Collaborate with marketing program managers to ensure the successful deployment & integration of events with external partners (government agencies, conference organizers, key associations, etc…) and creation of unique event experiences that communicate our key messages.
- Infuse customized, out-of-the-box ideas and solutions for events
- Lead the creative process, including invites, in-person & virtual event production, audio visual requirements, etc.
- Lead projects with multiple partners (across different geographies and businesses) and teams from inception to delivery.
- Will be encouraged to make sound independent decisions consistent with business
- Prepare and align with event budgets, negotiation with vendors, and ensure payments & reconciliations take place in a timely manner
- Project manage virtual events (on-demand webcasts and live webinars)
You’ll need to have:
- Min 2 years of event/experiential planning
- Highly articulate, polished, and able to present to all levels of management.
- The ability to multi-task & work flexibly under tight deadlines.
- Experience integrating events into marketing campaigns: Understands the role that events play within the integrated marketing communications framework and works to ensure that the right type of events are being planned at the right time.
- Ability to work successfully and efficiently with minimal supervision, yet seeks and takes direction appropriately
- Strong interpersonal skills and very effective working in a team environment
We’d love to see:
- Track record of success working in and influencing a fast-paced, fast-growing global organization
- High energy, problem solving, self-starter, results oriented, proactive individual with a high sense of urgency
- Ability to effectively lead and influence internal/external partners towards intended and successful results
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.