Company Name: Citywire
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious individual to join the Citywire Events team based in New York. You will be responsible for managing and producing your own events alongside supporting the Events team in the day to day running of the department. A large part of the role will involve travel throughout USA and Latin America to ensure the smooth running of our industry leading events.On top of this, you will be assisting our conference production team in running main platform sessions at our events both in person and online. This will include working closely with our video and IT teams to deliver high quality sessions from live events, our New York studio and the homes of event speakers and clients across the world.Citywire produces over 100 events a year – from half day forums and roundtable debates to multi-day conferences. They take place all over the globe and, in the last 3 years, virtually too. From Miami to Paris to Santiago – this is a fast-paced role based around bringing the right investor audience to meet with our leading asset management clients.A little about us… Citywire helps people make better investments. We publish news, analysis and unique fund manager performance information to help professional investors make the best decisions about where to place their clients’ money. Sustainability is at the heart of what we do. We employ over 300 staff and look for motivated, passionate and dynamic people from all walks of life and backgrounds. Professional development is paramount to us to keep innovating and we encourage training throughout your career. We have offices in London, Brighton, New York, Munich, Milan, Singapore and most recently Paris and Sydney. We have fully embraced a hybrid model of working.
- Planning, budgeting and executing high quality events in-person and virtually.
- Overseeing the smooth running of the main content sessions, including AV set-up, rehearsals and show calling.
- Setting up and hosting virtual sessions behind the scenes over Zoom, or show calling our in-house studio events.
- Managing events onsite.
- Setting up event websites for the registration and promotion of new events.
- Liaising with hotels and sourcing appropriate event venues.
- Booking travel and accommodation for delegates.
Job Specific Skills / Technical Skills / Requirements
- A strong desire to build your career in the field of Event planning.
- Excellent communication skills – both clients facing and with colleagues.
- Experience working in event management
- Flexibility to travel (domestic & international) frequently and work outside of normal office hours.
- An interest in building your knowledge of Financial Services.
- Good MS Office skills.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management.
- A positive can-do attitude
- Strong negotiation skills
We offer a competitive salary and additional company benefits:
- 20 days paid vacation rising to 23 after 3 years’ service, 24 days after 4 years’ service and 25 after 5 years’ service, plus federal and state holidays
- Generous health insurance contributions from day one.
- Dental, vision, HRA, HSA, and FSA plans available
- Company 401k/Roth retirement plan with employer contribution (up to 4%)
- Life insurance and short & long-term disability insurance
- Monthly/annual ($50pm/$600pa) company contribution towards a well-being activity of your choice. This can include gyms, therapy sessions or wellbeing app subscriptions.