Company Name: Cisco
Location: San Jose, CA
Type: Full Time
What You’ll Do
You will report to the Manager of Corporate and Industry Events within the Cisco Global Events Team, providing program management expertise for primarily Proprietary Events such as CxO events and launches, however may include various events to include but not limited to large-scale Tradeshows, and Customer Advisory Boards, executing our vision of success and measuring our progress against that vision. You will follow department event processes, manage resources and budgets effectively, and utilize your superior event planning, organization and communications skills to keep event programs on track and on budget.
Event Planning & Program Management
- Provide event management and leadership to all assigned programs.
- Work cross-functionally across global, channel, corporate and technical marketing, web and events teams to ensure successful delivery of specific event programs.
- Liaise and establish relationships within the Global Events team as well as with Marketing, IT, Web/Registration, PR, key internal stakeholders and external agencies/vendors.
- Develop and maintain the event project plan and objectives, including master timeline and budget
- Budget Management Exceptional overall program budget management including budget forecasting, financial reporting, POs; SOWs, etc and closing out the event budget.
- Partner with assigned strategy and audience acquisition team members regarding internal and external communications, content production, and measurement activities/data responder strategy.
- Lead weekly core team meeting(s), plus other weekly conference calls related to respective event. Reviewing deadline dates to ensure all team members/stakeholders are on the same page and program is moving forward and on target.
- Accountability for overall management of all operations and logistics functions and deliverables related to any program or event.
- Show Management Work with external show management and/or event management on all exhibit opportunities to include booth space, Marketing Promotional Opportunities (MPOs), Sponsorships, etc.
- Provide input on future exhibit strategy with peers in Global Events, as well as internal client, to include event review, booth space review, MPOs, Sponsorships, etc.
- 3rd Party Vendor Management Negotiate contracts with, and manage, program venues and suppliers including exhibit house, show management, transportation, audio-visual/production, housing management, registration, promotional vendors, exposition services, security, destination management, and other third-party vendors as required.
- Liaison/Management of internal ancillary program participation as required.
- Manage all post show activities to include post show debriefs meetings and final complete reports, sharing with keystakeholders.
- Build effective and inclusive relationships at a variety of levels
Who You’ll Work With
The Global Events team is responsible for the development, planning, and successful execution of key employee, partner and customer events at Cisco. We value teamwork, creativity, learning, relationships, and flawless execution. We are project and program managers, communicators, storytellers, dreamers, and doers. Above all, we live to deliver an experience that inspires, educates and deepens meaningful engagement with Cisco.
Who You Are
Analytical and intentional, with a pragmatic ability to “get things done”. You are process-oriented, thrive in a rapidly changing environment, and are always looking for ways to drive innovation, improvement, and change. You have a keen eye for attention to details and can handle multiple tasks throughout the day with ease.
Candid. You communicate broadly and often, providing clear purpose, direction, goals, and measures. You get messaging and have remarkable communications skills that resonate at all levels.
A leader. You have the capacity to lead others to troubleshoot and solve problems that may arise; use sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions, and possess the ability to orchestrate value in coordination with multiple stakeholders.
Trustworthy and Authentic. You commit to earning trust every day through your actions and transparency. You work with team members to share responsibility, provide encouragement, and cultivate open communications. You support others and demonstrate high ethical business practices in everyday actions.
A Great Listener. You seek to understand different opinions. You can communicate difficult concepts and negotiate to adopt a different point of view; can recommend best practices to improve programs and processes, and anticipate potential objections and persuade others, sometimes at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view.
Creative. You have excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills. And an eye for good design.
Required Skills And Qualifications
- You have 8+ years hands-on experience in proprietary event management and large scale tradeshows, preferably in the technology industry, in US and/or globally
- You have proven experience in engaging and developing collaborative relationships with a broad range of internal (including c-level) and external stakeholders, working well with cross-functional and cross-cultural groups.
- Experience and understanding of large, complex organizations and comfortable in a large corporate environment
- Ability to manage simultaneous projects in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment.
- Proven ability to drive projects forward in a rapidly changing environment with a strong emphasis on virtual team working and conference call meetings
- Advanced knowledge of event marketing management and production for high technology conferences, proprietary events and trade shows.
- Strong overall negotiation skills (to include hotel and site contracts as well as vendor negotiations).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Proven track record managing a number of large programs, team/task-interdependencies, timelines and budgets.
- Experience with researching/recommending event elements (e.g. offsite venues, entertainment options, F&B), based on program format/goals, budget and time allocations.
- Excellent organization, writing skills and time management.
- A flexible schedule to accommodate up to 25% travel.
- Strong analytical capabilities at ease using data, performance measurement and analysis, ROI measurement and analysis, etc. Strong understanding Data Visualization; graphs, charts, dashboards
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills are required; SmartSheet skills are an asset
- Uses discretion in handling details of a highly confidential and sensitive nature
- If not located in the San Jose area, must come into the San Jose office at least once a month, especially for the quarterly global event team meeting.