Company Name: Cella
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
Cella is looking for an Event Manager for our client, a leading media company. In this role you will be responsible for event planning, organization/management, logistics oversight, promoting value added opportunities, and communications.The ideal candidate has proven success working in a team environment, is willing to assist others as needed, and is able to work in a fast-paced environment while managing several projects concurrently.
- Build and maintain working relationships with internal and external partners and leverage these relationships to deliver client with an innovative and memorable event.
- Responsible for all logistic coordination.
- Responsible for liaising with clients concurrently to ensure expectations are realized.
- Brainstorming and implementing event plans and concepts.
- Serve as liaison between the client and all internal/external partners.
- Provide accurate and timely information to clients, vendors, and meeting planners.
- Liaising and negotiating with vendors.
- Obtain permitting when applicable.
- Prepare detailed event reports, along with cost and margin projections.
- Plan and coordinate pre and/or postproduction meetings to ensure partners are aligned with scope of work / event.
- Work collaboratively with the Special Events team to achieve the department’s, and the company’s financial goals.
- Make sure all details of events are properly planned and executed.
- Ensure working budgets are met when administering Change Orders, further assisting clients with cost details.
- Oversee applicable Change Orders and ensure payment schedules are met.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of all assigned events.
- Work closely with on lot departments (Security, Janitorial, Fire, Hospital, Grips, Set Lighting, etc.)
- Establish professional relationships with outside vendors to fulfill event needs.
- Accurately track and record event spending while facilitating timely billing.
- Work all hours assigned, including weekends and holidays if necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in event planning and execution.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint.)
- Expert Event Planning skills.
- Good leadership skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Organizational and time management skills. Multi-tasker.
- Proven success in developing client relationships and managing client expectations.
- Keen understanding of budgeting and financial management.
- Must be willing and able to work irregular hours, and weekends when needed.
Compensation Range: $30.00 – 34.48 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.