Company Name: Amazon Web Services, Inc.
Location: Arlington, VA
Type: Full Time
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced Event Manager to manage highly visible AWS events. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in AWS, a division of Amazon.com and a global leader in Cloud Computing, based in our Washington, DC area offices.
In this role you will plan and execute events targeting AWS customers. Your daily responsibility as an event expert will include working closely with sales and marketing managers to identify event goals, content, and promotion strategy, manage budgets, lead on event reporting and coordinate all event logistics. You will utilize exceptional project management skills to manage pre-event reviews and communications and post-event follow-up, ensuring all stakeholders are working together to deliver a high-quality event.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of running successful events and have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
· Oversee planning, production and execution of events hosted in the US.
· Assist in building the event strategy and event goals to ensure event success.
· Serve as event project manager, responsibilities include, but are not limited to: pre-event consultation and planning, venue selection, vendor management, agenda development and show flow, printing and shipping, budget management, event staffing, on-site event management, event follow-up and reporting.
· Build and distribute regular pre-event status reports and post-event trip report.
· Work closely with marketing, sales, product teams, PR, and executive management to achieve business goals.
· Track and monitor response of all executed efforts; make contingency plans where necessary to meet attendee and other target goals.
· Employ data analytics to effectively target event sponsors and attendees.
· Keep event website current with up-to-date marketing copy.
· Create and deliver ongoing reports on attendee numbers, campaign results and ROI
· Manage event calendar, project timelines, and event budget.
· Expertly drive pre-event weekly meetings, including ownership of event planning documentation.
· 3+ years of relevant experience in event marketing.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or relevant field of study.
· Demonstrated success in event management and project management.
· A willingness to travel and ability to work independently and autonomously.
· Written and oral communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
· Experience in marketing B2B technology products or services strongly
· A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and proven success delivering measurable marketing results.
· Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables.
· Skilled negotiator with proven experience finding creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of staying on budget.
· Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization.
· Proven knowledge of industry tools, such as Salesforce and Marketo.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age