Company Name: Advanced Systems Group, LLC
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
Advanced Systems Group LLC provides onsite managed services for a prominent global tech company based in Mountain View, California. We are searching for an Event Manager to join our onsite team.
An event manager is the project manager of events across the team to handle logistical management of all operations, such as booking a venue, ordering F&B, external supplier management for swags, branding and marketing assets etc. Event Manager has a critical role to create a smooth experience for all events.
- Plan event from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives
- Come up with suggestions to enhance the event’s success
- Prepare budgets and ensure adherence
- Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers
- Be in charge of hiring personnel (Catering, waiters etc.)
- Coordinate all operations
- Lead promotional activities for the event
- Supervise all staff (event coordinators, caterers etc.)
- Approve all aspects before the day of the event
- Ensure event is completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems that might occur
- Analyze the event’s success and prepare reports
- Manage/participate, and oversee multiple events happening across North America
- Ensuring large events and projects are organized and executed flawlessly and independently
- Partner cross functionally with other teams
- At least 2+ years of experience as a Project Manager, Event Coordinator, Executive Assistant, or similar role.
- Exceptional organizational skills and experience using GSuite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and project management skills
- Strong people and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to keep large amounts of documents and metrics/data organized.
- Track record in independent problem solving
- Understanding of how to build scalable processes, automate your tasks, and author guides and documentation for others
- The ability to own projects independently
- A natural customer-centric / customer success mentality
- Understanding of software technologies and web development with community perspective in North America
- Creative, out-of-box thinking and the ability to come up with novel, refreshing content
- Comfortable in dealing with an audience of hundreds or thousands
- Experience working with developers and/or developer communities
- Comfortable working with an international, distributed team
- A team player with the ability to exercise good judgment in a rapidly changing and oftentimes ambiguous environment
- Proven aptitude and hunger for learning, an ability to develop and implement creative ideas, and the discipline to manage different projects to tight deadlines simultaneously