Company Name: National Basketball Association (NBA)
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
This position will assist in the development, management, and execution of the NBA 2K League’s events with direction from the NBA 2K’s Production & Events Lead. This role will work closely with cross-functional groups in ensuring the success of 2K League’s event strategy.
- Assist in overseeing the production and management of new and existing league events both in-season and off-season.
- Develop innovative grassroots and high-profile events to promote and support NBA 2K League fan engagement.
- Coordinate needs for hotel accommodations, catering and credentials inclusive of proposal requests/review; compliance/due diligence and agreements.
- Create and maintain operations documentation including presentations, planning resources, and recap notes.
- Manage Event Request Forms for all NBA 2KL events so information is compiled within the NBA’s master event schedule; provide updates to NBA Events as needed.
- Manage event invitation process to all NBA 2KL events.
- Ensure oversight of production agency’s overall performance, milestone management and debriefs/assessments.
- Manage overall travel logistics for players and coaches including air travel, visas and ground transportation arrangements both domestically and internationally.
- Create and manage project budgets, schedules, and logistics.
- Track existing events within the eSports industry and identify opportunities to integrate and grow the NBA 2K League brand.
- Research and develop recommendations for best practices and guidelines on managing NBA 2K League’s events.
- Collaborate closely with internal groups to plan and manage event activations.
- 4-6 years of live event, sports marketing, and/or project management experience
- Familiarity with broadcast and live events and digital based platforms is a bonus.
- Knowledge of eSports and gaming landscape a plus
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced, deadline-focused environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel as needed
- Ability craft creative thoughtful presentations via PowerPoint
- Design update and distribute schedule and information packets
- Must have excellent organizational, presentation and communication skills: ability to prioritize for self and for team.
- Bachelor’s Degree