Company Name: Autodesk
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Full Time
You will join Global Revenue Operations (GRO) which is part of Autodesk’s 3500+ person Worldwide Field Operations division. GRO is the crew that plans, builds, and runs the engine that helps Autodesk and our partners drive business and customer success. We are all about improving the productivity and performance of people across the organization. We define process, develop talent, recognize and reward high performance, design and build systems, and more. Our work environment is fast-paced and always evolving. In GRO, we value differences, are action oriented and demonstrate courage by saying and listening to what needs to be said. We are fearless in taking on new challenges that will deliver awesome results.
In this role, you will be part of GRO’s Global Sales Events team which is under Enablement and Events. Enablement and Events is responsible for providing people with the knowledge, skills, and competencies they need to perform their best and making experiences that enable high performance. As a member of GRO Enablement & Events, you will also work closely with your clients, other enablement program managers, marketing, operations, legal, sales, services and product teams. Our sweet spot is partnering with them to figure out how best to enable sales and services roles, and then implement sales events, training & learning experiences to meet our client’s goals.
- Operations Planning & Strategy: Build and manage the operations plan for our annual SKO including comprehensive transportation, food and beverage, health and safety, VIP program, accommodations, security, space allocation, evening events, and contingency planning. Manage attendance criteria and registration planning. Build and manage master timeline
- Deep expertise in digital, physical, and hybrid event planning and execution with a strong understanding of digital event platforms and the ability to propose innovative solutions which break new ground in web-based engagement and the design of the attendee journey
- Budget Management: Oversee a multi-million-dollar program budget, including preparing and maintaining accurate budgets, forecasting, financial reporting, reconciliation, and oversight of financial processes ensuring compliancy
- Program Management: Create and manage proper program management processes and protocols to identify and track program requirements, staff supply/demand balancing, dependencies, milestones, and deliverables
- Develop cross-functional timelines, detailed project plans, and thoughtfully planned workstreams
- Third-Party Vendor Management: Negotiate contracts, in partnership with procurement, coordinating with and managing program venues and suppliers
- Event Execution: Manage end to end digital and in-person event operations
- In-person execution includes coordination of staffing requirements, evening events, all operational functions and experiences
- Digital execution includes managing technology platforms and integrations, coordinating content milestones, and creating project/communications plans
- Stakeholder Management: Manage coordination, execution, and support of internal teams and external business partners, including monitoring scope, relationships, and deliverables across many business partners
- Administration: Coordinate and maintain program tools and resources (Smartsheet, Teams, Box folders, mailers, etc.). Lead team meetings, including agenda development, content preparation and tracking action items
- Reporting: Deliver post event reports with data-driven analysis including attendee feedback, goal attainment, and recommendations for future event improvements, drive and deliver best practice documents
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10+ years of foundational experience leading events of 3,000+ attendees (both physical and digital)
- Experience turning a large scale physical event to virtual
- Experience with hosting a hybrid event
- Experience that demonstrates ability to create new, virtual and blended event programs, across time zones and geographies
- Proven track record of delivering high performing event experiences to sales audiences
- Ability to manage and facilitate core teams
- Ability to develop and execute on program plans, including project schedules and budgets
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Highly positive attitude with a make it happen collaborative teamwork approach
- Lifelong learner to see the big picture and continue to ask questions and think strategically
- Some travel required (approx. 30%)
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a seasoned event professional to design the strategy, then plan and run our annual Sales Kickoff Meetings for our sales, customer success and partners around the world. You will lead collaborative efforts to guide key stakeholders, vendors, and extended teams to plan and execute impactful sales events for Autodesk. You have extensive experience designing both live and digital events. You have a unique and industry-leading perspective on the future of the events industry and can articulate how you can make an impact on the future of Autodesk sales events. You perform a versatile role, including project management, meeting and event management, communications, building community, fostering relationships, and contract management/negotiation with vendors. You will prepare ROI evaluations of your events and develop enablement plans.
You work well with others. You know the nuances of when to let others speak, and when/how to insert yourself—without ego—and always remain focused on identifying and solving the business problems at hand. You understand that influencing requires winning both hearts and minds. You also have experience working at all levels of the company, including senior managers and VPs. You know how to tap into your network, be consultative, and marshal resources to accomplish goals. You get stuff done…fast and smart. You like to take initiative. You enjoy working with a diverse group of passionate people who work together to reach a common goal. You can understand and align new initiatives to company strategy. You listen extremely well to uncover business requirements that will help define your programs. You develop relevant and compelling strategies which you can easily translate into actionable plans. And you work fast, making sure that your key stakeholders are with you. You are a fearless go-getter. You actively seek challenges that will stretch your capabilities. You operate well in an environment that changes quickly, and it’s not always 100% clear what needs to happen and when. You are still able to pull together a plan and execute, adjust as needed and move forward. You seek clarity and guidance as needed from your colleagues to make sure you are headed in the right direction. You are passionate about learning and talent development. You want to help others perform better. You look for ways to make smart use of new technologies or innovative approaches to improve the performance of individuals in their specific role. You aren’t afraid to challenge the way things are done. You have a knack for looking at things from new or different perspectives. You are willing to challenge how things are done and take the best of the past to build something new and better for the future.
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers .
With Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It’s disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone – from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital artists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.