Company Name: RX Global
Location: Norwalk, CT (Hybrid)
Type: Full Time
RX Global is seeking an entrepreneurial minded Event Director to lead the planning, execution, growth, and overall management of The National Hardware Show. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of successfully orchestrating large-scale events, exceptional organizational skills, and a creative mindset to enhance attendee engagement and event impact. As the Event Director, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the event is executed seamlessly, delivering a memorable experience for both exhibitors and attendees.
- Strategic Planning
- Develop and execute a comprehensive strategic plan to ensure an excellent customer experience and event growth in alignment with goals.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define event objectives and key strategies and ensure all are engaged in the planning process.
- Event Management
- Oversee all aspects of event planning, from concept development and budgeting to logistics coordination and post-event evaluation.
- Lead across a matrix environment to ensure a smooth and timely execution on all aspects of the event including marketing, sales, operations, registration, etc.
- Design event experience in tandem with cross functional teams to create a memorable experience.
- Create innovative programs, including workshops, seminars, keynote sessions, and networking activities, that enhance engagement and industry knowledge.
- Develop and manage event budgets, ensuring cost-effective solutions without compromising the quality and impact of the event.
- Use data and insights to analyze event success against KPI’s and continuously identify areas for improvement to be implemented at future events.
- Relationship Development & Management
- Build and maintain strong relationships with industry to enhance their participation and investment in event.
- Collaborate with attendee and exhibitor steering committees to ensure event transforms and grows with the industry.
- Continuously seek out new industry relationships to drive value for and growth for event.
- Attend industry events throughout the year to develop and build relationships.
Qualifications & Skills
- Proven experience in planning and executing large scale events, preferably in a leadership role.
- Strong project and budget management skills with a demonstrated ability to manage complex timelines and multiple stakeholders.
- Exceptional communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Creative mindset with a keen eye for detail and a passion for delivering exceptional event experiences.
- Ability to work under pressure, solve problems on the spot, and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Willingness to travel and work non-traditional hours as required by event schedules.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to providing a fair and accessible hiring process.