Company Name: Twitter
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
Small team, big initiatives. The Real Estate & Workplace (REW) Events Team is seeking a candidate who is self-starting and able to multitask in a fast paced changing environment. This is an entry-level position where the candidate should have 1-2 years of relevant event coordinating work experience. They will gain a working knowledge of events, supporting both internal and external business partners. The ideal candidate is resourceful and enjoys creative problem solving. Please include a cover letter and tell us about a time when you developed a creative solution to a problem.
What You’ll Do
- Manage team’s administrative efforts and daily logistical communication to event support teams (AV, janitorial, security and catering)
- Support, coordinate, and plan events at Twitter NYC.
- Provide support to the Global REW Events team.
- Ability to support and run virtual events as needed.
- Manage a high volume of large meeting room reservations.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and clients on event logistics and communications.
- Create detailed floor plans and communicate room setups to on-site facilities staff.
- Gather and assess event metrics for internal use.
- Enter and track PO requests for event purchases.
- Provide on-site and often after-hours day/weekends of support for live events.
- Support and oversee staffing, setup and breakdown for all events.
- Place event catering orders through an internal catering system.
- Serve as liaison for catering, AV, security, janitorial support, and building management at events.
- Point of contact responsible for event issues and feedback in a timely and professional manner.
- Foster positive internal and external relationships by being attentive, friendly, helpful, courteous and professional in a pleasant demeanor.
Who You Are
- Bachelor Degree in Hospitality, Marketing or Management preferred.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of current and emerging culinary, decor and entertainment trends.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in catering and events.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule as the business demands (nights, occasional weekends.)
- Familiarity with Google Suite and JIRA preferred.
- Familiarity with virtual event platforms such as Zoom, BlueJeans and Google Livestream.
- Knowledge of Canva, Illustrator or Photoshop, a plus.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds.