Company Name: SMG
Location: Columbus, OH
Type: Full Time
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for an Event Coordinator for SMG/Greater Columbus Convention Center. Responsible for providing support to the Event Management Department and assisting with servicing and monitoring clients. Interacts with clients, facility staff, in-house concessionaires and related personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Assists Event
Managers with in house clients, acting as the “eyes and ears” when
servicing the client on site during busy periods.
* Maintains rapport with clients, their associates, service suppliers, and building staff insuring the highest level of customer service.
* Required to work irregular schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays to accommodate business and client needs in the facility.
* Required to work both indoors and outdoors, including inclement weather, in various temperatures.
* Must have the ability to interact with guests in a friendly, courteous and polite manner. This will include initiating contact with guests within 10 feet — i.e. smiling, saying “Good Day” or offering assistance when needed.
* Must feel comfortable when around large groups or speaking to a guest, as needed.
* Understands the importance of providing customer service and in understanding of ” The Magic is in the Details”
* Ability to work on multiple projects at a time while meeting specific deadlines.
* Ability to make quick, decisive decisions in high pressure situations.
* Must obtain and maintain employer sponsored Certified Tourism Ambassador (CTA) certification, if applicable.
* Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
A good knowledge of the principles of administration as they relate to provision of facilities, services and equipment in a convention, exhibition, conference, or entertainment center. A general knowledge of the services, vendors, or other organizations involved in producing events. A minimum of two years college level course work in a hospitality or marketing related program preferred.
Skills and Abilities
Sound organizational, planning, and interpersonal skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Sound computer skills. Ability to prioritize multiple projects. Ability to demonstrate problem solving skills. Professional appearance and strong work ethic. Ability to interact with all types of people in a polite and courteous manner. Ability to work well as a team player.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.