Company Name: NI (National Instruments)
Location: Austin, TX
Type: Full Time
We are searching for a hard-working, enthusiastic, and motivated individual to join our Global Events Team. The Event Coordinator role will work as part of a larger team to support all aspects of event development and execution in bringing our brand and messaging to life through engaging and memorable events, that ultimately drive demand and sales pipeline. This role will be exposed to a variety of events including webinars/virtual events, trade shows, seminars and conferences. The ideal candidate has event planning experience, effective communication, attention to detail and project management skills. You need to be creative as well as have a keen eye for details to achieve the defined event goals.
Role includes, but is not limited to event operations, logistics, communications, staffing assignments, budget management, and post-event impact analysis. Work with event managers in partnership with a cross-functional team that includes Creative Services, Demand Strategy, PR/AR, Field Marketing, Campaign Management, Solutions Marketing, Sales and external agencies to align key objectives, brand expression, messaging and define key elements of the event to optimize the impact and attendee experience.
Support with planning and logistics for in-person and virtual events around the world, in all time zones. Project management support executing internal and external event awareness and associated deliverables, including but not limited email content, web page content, promotional assets etc. Follow best practices for the event execution to ensure consistency, and develop new ones as needed.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to think creatively to enhance event activations.
- Strong data / experience driven decision maker with ability to provide solutions in complex situations.
- Maintains a disciplined and effective project management approach to strategic events with a heightened sense of urgency.
- Demonstrates ability to drive strategic decisions, process changes, and business initiatives.
- Works effectively and comfortably with leaders and stakeholders within the function, across functions and outside of the organization.
- Analyzes data and provides insights as a result for future executions to ensure we are optimizing our event marketing investments and aligning our event strategy to our campaigns and business objectives.
- Ability to work with global stakeholders through early morning or evening meetings based on project needs.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in technical, business, communications field or applicable experience
- 1-3 years combined corporate or agency event experience creating in-person and virtual events.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (internal and external) in English.
- Exceptional communication and people/program management skills.
- Expected travel: Less than 20% but may increase / fluctuate based on business needs and pending COVID regulations.
- Experience working in a fast-paced events environment with track record of owning and delivering concurrent events from conception to successful completion.
- High energy, can-do personality and ability to thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Powerpoint), Sharepoint, Salesforce.com, ON24, Zoom Webinars, and Microsoft Teams Live Event preferred.
- Additional knowledge of other languages (Mandarin, Spanish, Korean and Japanese) is welcomed.
NI is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.