Company Name: Kumon
Location: Teaneck, NJ
Type: Full Time
Kumon North America seeks an Event Coordinator to exercise responsibility in the planning, implementation, management and evaluation of 4 annual meetings and 26 regional forums. The Event Coordinator must be a self-starter with strong interpersonal skills, excellent attention to detail and ability to prioritize, multi-task and problem solve. The individual must be customer service focused and willing to participate in a collaborative team culture. Project management skills are key to this position.
The Event Coordinator will report to the Manager of Events Team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate logistics for conferences and events for pre-planning, onsite event management and post-event.
- Creation of event specifications and all resulting event orders, creation of menus and managing catering, room setup, internet, shipping, and décor, etc.
- Manage vendors for all aspects of events including catering, signage, printing, shipping, destination management companies, etc.
- Assist with managing conference content and “run of show” (presenter schedules, presentation management) for conferences.
- Provide registration assistance/backup for registration inquiries, reports and other relevant functions.
- Create conference communication pieces as necessary.
- Oversee conference signage needs from inception, proofing and on-site placement.
- Manage inventory and shipment of items as needed for conferences liaising with printing vendor, onsite venue and Kumon warehouse.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties in support of conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality, event management, business, communications, marketing or related field required
- Minimum 3 years of overall experience
- Ability to travel up to 15%, both domestic and international, and work overtime as needed to attend events and conferences (including weekends).
- Knowledge of all elements of meeting logistics including: food and beverage, AV and transportation
- Ability to work at the Kumon Headquarters Office in Teaneck, NJ
- Excellent organizational/project management skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Strong written, oral and non-verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute serval project simultaneously conforming to shifting priorities, demands and timelines