Company Name: Dexian
Location: Washington DC-Baltimore
Type: Full Time
Ability to help plan events that can range from 10 to 500 people, with various degrees of complexity. Monitor/manage the project including; creation of project plans and budgets (prepare, manage & reconcile). Ability to lead team working on an event and direct many facets at one time. Collaborate and interact effectively with Firm’s senior management, middle management and customers. Provide strategic input and recommendations to business group on event development.
Maintain partnering relationships with internal business partners such as Food Services, Conference -Services, Audio Visual, Security and Facilities. Manage all aspects of events including but not limited to: internal consulting, concept proposal development, site selection via RFP process, vendor negotiation, contract administration (including controlling risks associated with attrition and cancellation), hotel management, air/ground travel, total logistics coordination (menus, setup, decor, audio visual), creative writing for invitation, input on graphic design and website development, printing, registration management, coordination of speakers, giveaways, entertainment, activities, and travel staff.
- Coordinate meetings and events within designated center.
- Work with internal partners in catering, audio visual and facilities to meet the clients’ expectations.
- Meet and greet each client daily, provide personalized high touch customer service
- Adhere to standards of operations established for Conference Center
- Handle day to day challenges clients present while driving towards a solution
- Ensure maximum utilization of space to achieve yearly utilization goals
- Maintain a professional, flexible, “can-do” level of service
- Participate in daily operations meeting as well as weekly review
- Execute call/meeting, and post conference call/meeting when applicable
- Manage space issues, escalate unresolved issues to lead planner, manager
- Cover reception desk essential functions; answering telephone calls, returning emails promptly
- Master usage of EMS (Event Management System) to detail reservations, review in-coming requests and present proper reports
- Strong communicator that is able to manage correspondence between planning team and reservation holders throughout the booking process while providing an outstanding customer service experience
- Firm understanding of the business guidelines for allocating space
- Prioritize new meeting room reservations from online booking tools
- Ensure customers are contacted in a timely manner and are updated regarding the status of their request and offered available options
- 3-6 years of experience in Corporate Event Planning, Conference Center, Food & Beverage experience
- Knowledge of basic audio visual and catering
- Solid Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of EMS booking system is a PLUS
- Bachelor degree required