Company Name: Splunk
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Full Time
The Event Content Manager is responsible for supporting Splunk’s Global Event content strategy, enabling events such as our global user conference, .conf, SplunkLive! Events, Sales/Partner Kickoffs, industry programming, executive briefing center engagements and other high-value programs. Although broad marketing and event management experience is helpful, this position requires specific skills, including MarCom/brand management, content curation and proven success in cross functional work experience leading teams toward a project goal.
This position will include the substantial task of agenda and content development for user focused programming with upwards of 400 sessions. This role is responsible for the entire content process, including call-for-papers campaign, content review, committee management, session selection management, reporting and analytics, and speaker support services.
This role will also include a focus on MarCom messaging, strategy and fulfillment to ensure the marketing materials reflect the topics and themes of the sessions selected.
This person must be able to achieve event program goals, identify areas for improvement, and implement best practices and process improvements related to the overall management and execution of content-related logistics and operations.
This position is part of the Global Event Marketing team within the Corporate Marketing organization.
- Manage all aspects of deliverables, project plans, and reporting for assigned content programs
- Strategize with key stakeholders and cross functional teams on content structure and track development
- Develop the overall education program for any assigned event and ensure priorities are addressed appropriately
- Determine the cadence and topic for the event communications supporting the themes and priorities of the program.
- Lead track owners and other stakeholders to drive key deliverables including call for papers, session scheduling, presentation reviews and onsite logistics plans
- Provide guidance to track owners relative to session mix and other considerations, and ensure key topics/products/solutions are covered according to defined goals
- Manage communications to speakers and track owners, and organize and host various calls/meetings, as necessary
- Continually connect with key stakeholders in product and corporate departments to ensure priorities and initiatives are aligned
- Produce calendars and timelines to guarantee that messaging is communicated appropriately through all marketing channels
- Create and execute various reports that share key findings throughout content development and post-event cycles
- Develop strong relationships with event team and other cross functional teams
- Collaborate and work with event agency counterparts to maximize value and output
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years of experience in marketing role in the technology sector (software industry experience preferred), with at least 3 years of content development/programming focus, marcom or similar
- Minimum of 4 years in various management or leadership roles for both direct and/or virtual teams
- Other content development and programming experience (such as proven success contributing to tradeshow programs or curriculum design/development) preferred and may be helpful in this role
- Marcom or messaging background welcome – ideally within a corporate marketing organization
- Content management system experience – Adobe Experience Manager a plus – and strong Excel, Slack, PowerPoint skills and G-suite knowledge required
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once, set priorities, work proactively and independently, problem solve, improvise and function as part of a team that must perform under pressure
- Ability to collaborate and develop positive business relationships with all cross-functional peers and stakeholders (many of whom are geographically dispersed)
- Diplomacy, integrity, and presence that enables you to work effectively at all levels within a large organization
- Enthusiastic team player with exceptional communication, writing, project management and interpersonal skills
- Motivated self-starter with exceptional organizational skills and proven success at meeting deadlines
- Strong, criterion-referenced mindset and clear understanding of appropriate KPIs, reporting and analysis activities required