Company Name: Equinix
Location: Frisco, TX
Type: Full Time
Event Management Manager (Expert level) is responsible for advanced event and meeting management, establishing best practices and contributing to the overall event experience. Is an individual contributor that does not lead people or teams. Typically some barriers to entry exist at this level (e.g., dept/peer review).
The event content manager will be responsible for working with internal stakeholders to create the overall agenda and supporting creative elements for Equinix events, with the end goal of creating an exceptional attendee experience. Duties will also include developing attendee communications for supported events. The ideal candidate is an experienced content and communications professional with experience supporting senior executives. They must be highly organized and detail-oriented, able to work in a fast-paced environment and have direct experience managing events.
As the event content manager, you will:
- Plan, manage, and design event content in support of business goals and priorities.
- Develop content and messaging, including:
- Event Goals and objectives Content strategy and agenda design
- Event messaging and communications
- Select and present outside speakers to event stakeholders, and manage relationship/contracting with speakers.
- Collaborate with design and content team to produce high quality content
- Edit, proofread and improve content
- Receive attendee feedback and generate ideas to improve attendee experience
- Strive for continuous improvement of events by proposing new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process
- Collaborate with internal teams and external vendors to deliver work on time and within budget
- Maintain and manage milestones with cross-team dependencies in AirTable (our online Project Management tool)
- 7+ years of experience preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience in event program management
- Bachelor’s degree required in marketing, journalism or relevant field
- Ability to learn and effectively use project management and collaboration tools including AirTable, Microsoft Teams and Sharepoint and Box
Equinix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and, in the U.S., an Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to unlawful consideration of race, color, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, sex, pregnancy / childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic partnership status, age, veteran or military status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, political / organizational affiliation, status as a victim or family member of a victim of crime or abuse, or any other status protected by applicable law.