Company Name: Amazon
Location: Arlington, VA
Type: Full Time
Amazon Global Communities (AGC) is a fast-growing organization within Amazon, accelerating engagement, advocacy, and partnership between Amazon and critical third-parties in a variety of business areas. We build innovative and engaging new communities that connect partners and Amazon to build trust, facilitate learning, and invent solutions on behalf of customers.
We are looking to hire for a hybrid role that will touch both the event content and communications work streams. The ideal candidate will have a strong program management and communications background and have experience working with c-suite customers. In addition, they must be comfortable operating against tight timelines, juggling multiple programs simultaneously, and exercising high judgement. Our environment is fast-paced and requires a candidate who is flexible and thrives in ambiguity.
Key Job Responsibilities
In This Role, Your Key Responsibilities Will Include
- Work with event stakeholders to identify communication channels and build and manage the communication plans for a portfolio of events
- Manage executive level content development, defining timelines, and identifying key milestones
- Develops and communicates content templates, production considerations, work back calendars to key stakeholders
- Create best practices playbooks for content and communications for events
- Partner with the event content & strategy and event operations teams to ensure all projects are on time and meeting expectations
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in related areas of content/communications management and project management.
- Experience leading communications for both in-person and virtual events
- Highly developed and polished written communication skills
- Innate attention to detail and a strategic mindset
- Excellent time management, resource management and planning skills.
- Extensive experience with program and project management
- Demonstrated experience with large-scale live and virtual events
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study
- Ability to travel, up to 20% (pending COVID-19 regulations)
- Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables
- Experience working in a fast-paced, highly cross-functional organization
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.