Company Name: Cox Communications Inc
Location: Ft Walton Beach, FL
Type: Full Time
Responsible for the planning and coordination of event and sponsorship marketing within Cox markets in Pensacola, Gainesville, and Macon, GA to: activate the Cox brand locally; improve the company’s image/brand and improve customer loyalty and customer retention. Assists with providing competitive monitoring and marketing execution in the local market geography.
This role reports to the Sr Manager, Events and Sponsorship and is based in Pensacola.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Assists with planning, and coordination of local events and activities to improve brand perception.
• Plans and executes social media tactics related to sponsorships in the defined territory.
• Conducts research and analysis of data needed in reviewing, planning, prioritizing, and budgeting for event/sponsorship opportunities
• Develops and provides reporting on activity results including ROI, key metrics, traffic and other metrics required to measure performance
• Recommends programs to increase market awareness, loyalty and improve market penetration
• Partners with Market VP, and market leaders within Public Relations/Government Affairs Cox Business and Cox Media to identify synergies in events, sponsorships, and/or partnerships opportunities enabling residential growth, B2B growth and brand awareness goals
• Collaborates with other departments to ensure program effectiveness and to identify areas of opportunity for branding, customer and revenue growth
• Utilizes mediums that include television, direct mail, print, radio, web and outdoor advertising as needed to promote specific events where appropriate
• Supports management with budget preparation and tracking of operational expenditures associated with market events/sponsorships
• Assists with marketing communications for employee meetings or other internal and external events in the local market
• Works with retail owners and field marketing manager to plan and execute retail store events in local market, such as grand opening events
• Provides geo-based support for product, acquisition, and retention campaign and any other local program execution, including trafficking of local cross channel inventory, design and placement of bill inserts, coordination of creative execution for local outdoor advertising.
• Provides geo-based support for competitive monitoring and cross-functional initiative execution
• Leads project activities to ensure on-time delivery and within established budget up to and including directing event staff (both contracted and in-house labor)
• Performs other duties and special projects as required
• Self-starter; ability to function independently
• Travel up to 20%
Skills and Qualifications
• 5 or more years of experience required in related field (i.e. Marketing, Sponsorships, etc.)
• 3 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
• Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate at a senior level
• Strong presentation and analytical skills, plus demonstrated skills handling variety of assignments simultaneously
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to travel 25%
• Ability to work off-business hours, nights and weekends
• BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Marketing, Business, etc.)
• 2+ years prior experience with Events & Sponsorships in a vendor or agency/client relationship
• 2+ years social media experience with media platforms and capabilities
• Experience in telecommunications industry desired