Company Name: Futronics (NA) Corporation
Location: Pasadena, CA
Type: Full Time
Futronics, a global leading AI robotics company in stealth mode, is looking for a talented Event and International Convention Manager to join the team in Pasadena, CA. This role will be planning, organizing, and executing all in-person or virtual events for all divisions and functional groups with a primary focus on a globally recognized annual conference in the field of human-robot interaction. The Event and International Convention Manager will be responsible for leading and overseeing each event project from inception to post-event evaluation, collaborating with various levels of management and a multitude of stakeholders across different geographies, time zones, and businesses. The successful candidate is expected to make sound and independent decisions that align with the event objectives, demonstrate commitment to quality work, and pay exceptional attention to details. This position requires a high level of energy, initiative, and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
As Member of a Local Arrangements Committee for the Conference
- Collaborate with conference steering committee, general chair and local chair, and vendors in the planning of the conference space, including room set-up, facilities arrangement, hiring of entertainment, tours, catering, and other local logistics and implement as planned. Work with the local Convention and Visitors Bureau, if applicable.
- Develop and manage budgets with the aid of the finance chair in conjunction with concerned committees and applicable functional groups and negotiate contracts with hotels and venders.
- Collaborate with conference committees to ensure proper handling of contracts, invoices, floor space, exhibitor registration, management of attendees, security, and other logistics; and/or oversee an exhibits management company.
- Set up registration websites or mobile apps as needed for the convention and associated events.
- Recruit, train and supervise conference on-site workers and manage on-site operations regarding brochure, map and any conference publication’s production and distribution.
- Develop contingency plans to address any unforeseen issues that may arise during the event, such as inclement weather and natural disasters, cancellations, or other emergencies.
As Event Manager for Futronics Marketing Function
- Define exhibition/tradeshow objectives and strategy to meet business goals.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Marketing, Sales, and Corporate Communications to ensure successful execution and integration of meetings and conventions. Create unique event experiences that communicate our key messages and brand.
- Manage invites, live or virtual event production, AV requirements, speaker prep, pre-recording and webinars in collaboration with Marketing, Corporate Communications, and exhibit house.
- Manage booth logistics including space selection, contracts, staffing, equipment requirements, customer dinners and meetings, and symposiums held in conjunction with tradeshows.
- Conduct post-event debriefing meetings with stakeholders to assess the success of the event, identify areas for improvement, and make recommendations for future events.
- Evaluate, recommend, and manage virtual or digital events and show sponsorship opportunities.
- Compile HCP Reporting associated with tradeshows/meetings.
- Gather intelligence at tradeshows, stay current on industry trends and look to implement new technologies and best practice ideas and solutions in tradeshow booths and events.
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated in Quality Manual.
- Must embody the Company’s Vision, Mission and Values, and hold passions for Robotics.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong entrepreneurship and start-up mindset with minimum 5 years corporate tradeshow and multi-faceted, complex meeting planning experience. Global convention management experience is a must.
- Experience integrating events into marketing campaigns.
- Familiarity with AdvaMed regulation requirements and Open Payments Reporting.
- Strong problem-solving skills and excellent presentation, written, and interpersonal communication skills to maintain successful synergies between stakeholders.
- Present a professional appearance and conduct themselves in a professional manner.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Microsoft Teams and Zoom platforms
- Experience working with IEEE convention chairs/committees
- Experience in Healthcare/medical/AI robotic industry
- Proficiency in Cvent event management software
- CMP preferred
- Experience with SharpSpring, HubSpot, Pardot or other marketing automation software