Company Name: ADP
Location: San Dimas, CA
Type: Full Time
The Director of Events plays a key role with responsibility for managing key client and associate events and engagement sessions for the Compliance Solutions organization. These include the annual Client Advisory Board Velocity conference and SOAR virtual client training program, as well as the semi-annual associate Effortless Client Experience days. The role also directs the Compliance Solutions Client Advisory Boards, organization-level associate recognition program, and other ADP meetings and events as assigned. This role will lead cross-functional project teams, and work closely with many internal leaders, subject matter experts, and business partners. This role will also manage multiple external vendors to maximize the overall attendee experience of these events.
Minimum of 6 years of experience in all aspects of event planning with a strong focus on verbal/written communication skills and a proven track record in managing and executing a variety of successful, cost-effective programs. Leadership and management experience with client facing conferences is required. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office tools such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Design strategy and lead execution of client and associate events according to organization goals
- Direct cross functional project teams and ensure all workstreams adhere to program timeline; Create and manage an overall project plan identifying tasks for all meeting stakeholders
- Direct planning for program content and agenda
- Meet with senior leaders to ensure programs are aligned with business unit goals and expectations; hold executive briefings, pre-program updates, presentations, and post-program survey and debrief sessions
- Responsible for creating and overseeing event budget, tracking expenses, processing payments and post event reconciliation
- Responsible for all event logistics, food and beverage, mapping meeting space
- Source event location including contracting hotels for 400+ room nights, and meeting space up to one year in advance
- Identify third party external vendors for production as well as manage travel company for all client and associate travel
- Lead onsite event management for all programs; Manage third party vendors during the planning process as well as onsite
- Responsible for audio/visual production elements and vendors
- Drive vendor procurement process, which includes collaboration with contracts, legal, and finance partners
- Draft executive-level messaging for event programs; Work closely with client marketing and internal communications teams to ensure all event communications are timely, effective, engaging, accurate, and executed according to brand guidelines and tone of voice
- Responsible for creative design, including printing, shipping, and ordering of collateral and giveaways
- Track event results to provide analysis of programs for effectiveness, ROI and post-event reporting; Ensure a closed loop on client and associate feedback
- Manage Compliance Solutions client virtual user conference, including: continuing education credits, gather conference material for website design and registration site, lead internal and external vendors on the design and usability of each site
- Responsible for driving organization recognition program, including program design, winner selection, and communications processes
- Strive for continuous improvement; seek for new ways to engage associates and clients
- Collaborate with internal functional areas to influence and gain support.
- Travel to conferences and events as assigned.
- Plan and execute other ADP meetings and events as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field preferred. CMP is desirable.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.