Company Name: Ripple
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Full Time
Ripple is looking for a Director of Global Events to join the Marketing team. You will be responsible for shaping the strategy, leading a team and driving business results through global events: a key component of Ripple’s marketing strategy.
As Ripple grows, so is our events program and you will catapult Ripple’s events into a whole new category – that which is expected of a leader in a fast-paced, emerging space.
Your experience speaks for itself. You are a seasoned marketer with a track record of using an integrated approach for events. Your portfolio includes award-winning events for innovative B2B brands that you’ve concepted and brought to life. Your network of agencies and experts are at the ready and eager to help you build a best-in-class program.
Above all, you are an expert (and passionate!) about all aspects of marketing and events. This means you infuse strategic thinking into your work, push creative boundaries and execute flawlessly. No job is too big or small for you. Those who’ve worked for you and your peers admire and are inspired by you. And you never settle for the status quo.
What You’ll Do
- Build and execute Ripple’s global holistic events program – including hosted and sponsored events across the world.
- Own Ripple’s annual conference, Swell.
- Create integrated marketing campaigns to maximize the impact of all events.
- Oversee and tackle all aspects of event production from content and program development, design, AV production, vendor management, logistics, customer communications, promotions and more.
- Expand and manage a team of high-performing event professionals.
- Interact directly with Ripple’s leaders, top tier customers and industry influencers.
- Establish excellent working relationships with key partners in Marketing, Design, Product, Sales, Business Development and Customer Success.
- Regularly report business results; manage the budget.
What We’re Looking For
- 12+ years of relevant experience, B2B is a must.
- Impressive portfolio of events with proven business results.
- 5+ years of experience building, leading and inspiring a team.
- Goal-oriented, creative and thrive under pressure.
- Serious attention to detail and a commitment to excellence.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive, energetic and relentless in the pursuit of moving the needle.
- Excellent at collaborating with many contributors; love to get your hands dirty.
- Inspire people who work with you to up their game. Anyone who’s worked with you attests to the fact that you’re outstanding to work with and we must hire you.
- Global experience required; ability to speak multiple languages a plus.
What We Offer
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees; 65% paid for employee dependents
- Generous Health & Wellness program
- Industry-leading maternity & paternity leave policies
- Flexible vacation policy – work with your manager to take time off when needed
- Modern offices in San Francisco, London, New York and Singapore.
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages and coffee drinks
- Bi-weekly lunches, breakfasts and optional gourmet dinners
- Monthly team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact