Company Name: Vonage
Location: Austin, TX
Type: Full Time
The Global Events center of excellence oversees development, planning and management of customer, industry and employee engagements and special events. We analyze and make strategic recommendations on live, virtual, and hybrid event presence and programs, build strategic plans and act as primary liaison for event partnerships. The Director, brings this to life by guiding the work of the Event team and ensures development and execution of value adding events on an enterprise scale.
You are a well-rounded marketer and strategic thinker with a proven track record of successfully leading, managing and implementing best in class worldwide event experience, including tradehows and flagship events that resonate with our key markets and personas. The ideal candidate is a highly collaborative teammate who has experience in project management, building governance models to operationalize event strategies, and a passion for building high-performing events with data-driven decision-making.
What You Will Do
- Oversee, manage and execute Global Event initiatives, projects and processes across major product or functional areas.
- Manage and execute marketing plans to maximize company exposure and produce sales qualified leads.
- Project Manage high profile events including Signature shows and internal events that involve the executive leadership team.
- Ensure all company events align with and support the Vonage marketing philosophy, branding and overriding strategic framework.
- Perform competitive industry analysis to influence overall Events portfolio strategy to align with AOP goals and direction including flagship strategy.
- Drive strategic development of event content (i.e. messaging, consistency, data aggregation, presentation preparation) for external and internal / company events.
- Conceptualize marketing collateral and prepare and monitor event ROI projections and outcomes.
- Engage with Marketing and Sales to understand upcoming product releases, promotions and integrated campaigns.
- Engage with product and operational stakeholders to understand product features and functionality, ensuring accurate and compelling representation across events.
- Negotiate contracts and manage relationships with outside vendors.
- Define and develop internal company events to ensure timely and effective communication to facilitate enhanced employee understanding and engagement.
- Attend events to manage run of show and provide executive presence and ensure flawless execution.
- Monitor event outcomes to identify patterns, trends and issues; recommend and drive implementation of resolution strategies as appropriate.
- Monitor event performance metrics, identifying and recommending methods for continuous improvement.
What You Will Bring
- Experience leading or managing marketing and related staff.
- Advanced understanding of Events-related processes and procedures, including heavy conceptration in project management, tradeshow sponsorship strategies, venue selection and booking, logistical requirements, A/V setup and operation, catering, audience arrangement and comfort, product display and event follow up and evaluation.
- Strong project management and organization skill including budgeting and accurate forecasting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including writing, speaking and listening.
- Ability to:
- Consult with business leaders on events strategy, message delivery, reputation management and related issues, trends and challenges.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to clarify business and related product marketing issues and expectations, identify gaps and deliver clear and compelling strategies to increase alignment and resolve issues.
- Work cross-functionally to coordinate and integrate diverse inputs into effective, consistent and carefully focused event plans and outcomes.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume, enriching environment.
- Think and act at the strategic as well as the tactical level.
What is required for application
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or related discipline.
- 7-10 years full time experience leading global event strategies. Historical experience building a Flagship strategy is a plus, as is working with the developer community.
- Prior leadership experience managing global teams of at least 5 or cmore.
- Preferred to be near a Vonage Hub (Atlanta, San Fran, NJ) and must be willing and able to travel at least 35% of the time.