Company Name: PRA Business Events
Location: Park City, Utah
Type: Full Time
The Director of Events directs and manages the Operations Team, develops and supports the creative effort and manages key accounts. Responsibilities of this position include selection and development of staff, Product and creative development, directing event/program management and assignments, and ensuring that the office is within budget guidelines for profitability and margin. This position is responsible for operations activities, ensuring that contracted programs and events are completed as scheduled, within quality standards and cost objectives. The Director of Events is accountable for motivating the operations team to exceed client expectations and delivering superior service levels (measurable via KPI/PPE scores). In addition to managerial team functions, the DOE will be responsible to manage several high profile, high budget programs. Seeking candidates with extensive event experience including a strong background in vendor negotiation, budgeting acumen, project timeline management, planning and on-site execution. Event management includes facility/venue rentals, transportation, food and beverage, decor and design, entertainment, lighting-sound and production. A flair for the creative and thinking outside the box is imperative.
- Ability to manage high profile accounts with budgets ranging from $500K-$1M events
- Responsible for hiring, training, performance goals and management of the Operations Team, and other assigned staff.
- Conducts reviews, sets performance goals, performs disciplinary actions, and makes recommendations on compensation and incentive schedules as needed for staff.
- Develop and track Event Producer budget, assisting in maintaining assigned office(s) within budget parameters. Conduct consistent program reviews focusing on the logistics and details.
- Assist in the design and drafting of business plan objectives.
- Develop supplier/partner business relationships, negotiating contracts and setting terms of contracts.
- Provide guidance to staff to find solutions to challenges/opportunities that arise on a daily basis.
- Approve Freelance Event Producer time sheets (if applicable) and departmental Expense Reports.
- Conduct “Performance Team” meetings with the Event Producer Team, reviewing all program particulars, and client needs per program file.
- Facilitate strategic discussions to maximize Gross Profit.
- Oversee Post Con meetings for large programs.
- Assign programs to team and manage EP work load
- Recruit, hire, train and manages the field staff, taking disciplinary action when necessary, setting compensation levels, and conducting interviews.
- Represent the Company and its affiliated brands at industry functions.
- Assist with program operations at other Company-Owned offices.
- Arrange and conduct Site Inspections and Planning Visits for clients, entertaining clients and developing a personal rapport with them.
- Perform other job-related duties as needed.
- Desired 5 or more years experience operating and managing programs for a successful Business Events Company or DMC.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Project Management, Hospitality Management, or related degree beneficial
- Ability to manage and motivate the Operations team and field staff.
- Knowledge of industry compensation and incentive trends.
- Ability to unravel, define and document complex program requirements.
- Extensive team development and training skills.
- Ability to inspire team to produce their best work for the number one Business Events Company.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a diverse group of clients, supplier/partners and employees.
- Must be able to work well with all levels of PRA management and staff, venue staff, clients and supplier/partners.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Ability to travel to venue locations, client sites, and PRA offices as needed.
- Must be highly organized and be able to work within program and project deadlines on a daily basis.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret client proposal requirements, contracts, financial reports, and other legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, supplier partners, and co-workers.
- Ability to prepare reports and write business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, supplier partners, and hoteliers.
- Ability to calculate program costs, percentages, discounts, profit margins, and perform other mathematical requirements involved in a proposal.
- Ability to anticipate and deal with problems involving few concrete variables in a typical office situation.
PRA destinations are served by full service teams in Arizona, Atlanta, Austin, Chicago, Colorado Springs, Dallas/Fort Worth, Denver, Hawaii, Jackson Hole, Lake Tahoe, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Nashville, New England, New Orleans, New York, Northern California, Orange County, Orlando, Palm Springs, San Antonio, San Diego, Santa Barbara, South Florida, Utah, Vail/Beaver Creek, and Washington, D.C.