Company Name: Pendo.io
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Full Time
We’re looking for a highly motivated Director, Event Marketing to lead the corporate event program, across live and digital events worldwide, with a hyper focus on pipeline growth, acceleration, world class brand experiences, while expanding Pendo’s brand recognition in market.
Our dream candidate is a seasoned expert in taking a creative approach to strategic event marketing that will drive lead generation, nurture existing prospects, and engage current customers throughout the entire funnel. This role will be responsible for driving the growth and success of Pendo’s user conference(s), sponsored events, and city tours – both in person and virtual – while attracting audiences, securing talent, sponsors and tracking business impact.
They are not afraid to think big, and drive unique programs for the organization, but also roll up their sleeves to get the work done. They can flawlessly devise and manage a flawless experience, but also thoughtfully coach and lead a team, and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Establish a robust events and sponsorship strategy, evaluating and developing a consistent schedule and assessing new event opportunities that can drive increased awareness and impact for Pendo.
- Drive the success of Pendo’s Pendomonium user conference and other large-scale events through innovation, organization, and cross-collaboration across the entire organization.
- Oversee all aspects of Pendo’s events and event strategy – including ideation, planning, design, and execution.
- Build, manage and track all event budget and expenses. Manage the event teams compliance with finance and revenue tracking tools and strategies.
- Maintain and track metrics that are critical to the success of events, such as promotions, leads, opportunities and ROI analysis. Communicate reports on progress and status of programs to internal stakeholders.
- Conceptualize, create, and deliver customized executive-level physical and virtual thought leadership events.
- Manage all vendors and details associated with the company driven conferences and deliver them in either a virtual or physical format.
- Lead an events team prioritizing and assigning events and activities, providing support, and resolving escalations as needed.
- 6+ years of experience in directing event strategy and programs, including promotions, partnerships and tradeshows , preferably in an entrepreneurial setting.
- Ability to collaborate with sales leadership and align & advise heavily on marketing-driven sales goals and strategies.
- Experience driving large scale conferences including driving sponsorships, audience acquisition strategy, content and breakout strategy, and run of show. Executive programs are a plus.
- Experience with B2B software marketing and events management (SaaS experience preferred)
- Ability to travel
- Experience in tracking budgets, project schedules, and program metrics
- Existing, established relationship and influencer network within the software community
- Comfortable and flexible in a fast changing environment with a “quick start” mentality and high production output, with the ability to work independently, as part of a team, and as a leader
- Creative, diplomatic, ability to multitask and handle pressure
- Strong communication skills
- Data-driven, creative thinker with an affinity for a fast-paced work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams where everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome all people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.