Company Name: JDRF International
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
JDRF is looking for a seasoned event and conference planner to join our Marketing & Communications team. The ideal candidate is a meticulously organized strategist, tactician, and problem solver who is passionate about creating engaging in-person and virtual experiences.Responsible for planning, executing and/or overseeing approximately 50 meetings per year; providing venue contract support to JDRF’s national team and 29 chapters; managing travel agency and related activities; serving as liaison with event registration providers; negotiating preferred vendor agreements with hotels, airlines, and other vendors; formulating and administering budgets; liaise with cross-departmental stakeholders to ensure that financial and experiential expectations are realized; manage department staff.
- Directs all stages of meeting planning for annual conferences, meetings and events. Issues RFPs, analyzes results and makes recommendations based on meeting goal and objectives. Negotiates hotel contracts. Contracts and monitors work of professional service vendors and suppliers. Creates budgets, registration websites, event apps, and post event survey sites, and meeting specifications documents. Oversees submission of rooming lists. Ensures that deadlines are met and manages event to prescribed standards. Reconciles hotel and other invoices in preparation for approval.
- In collaboration with the marketing and communications team, ensures key messaging is consistent across events – including, but not limited to, theme, speaker content, breakout session content, presentation materials, leave behinds and follow up communications.
- Manages Foundation’s contracted travel agency. Oversees online booking tool and travel profile data base. Ensures that travel agency is in compliance with Foundation’s travel guidelines and that high caliber travel services are provided. Reviews weekly invoices to ensure that travel expenses are being directed to the proper area within JDRF. Manages travel approval process to ensure compliance with parameters. Oversees hotel and airline reward programs to ensure that points/miles are collected and redeemed appropriately.
- Negotiates preferred vendor agreements with hotels, airlines, and other vendors and manages relationship throughout the year with regular meetings, checkpoints, and evaluations.
- Serves as liaison with Event Registration Provider(s) understanding organization’s needs and working with provider to negotiate pricing and ensure execution. Work with internal technology team on integration projects.
- Continuously develops/refines/revises travel guidelines. Works with appropriate stakeholders to ensure effective and continuous implementation across the Foundation.
- Provide support for virtual event needs throughout the organization, as needed.
- Conducts venue site inspections and provides on-site event support approximately 10 times per year (subject to change as needed)
- Manages departmental staff and external project partners
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- 10 years corporate or association meeting planning experience.
- 3-5 years management and supervisory experience including coaching and staff development.
- Extensive understanding and familiarity with Cvent and Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Venue Site Selection and Contract Negotiation Skills
- In-depth knowledge of hospitality and travel industries.
- Budget process, strategic and tactical planning.
- Collaboration with others across departments and groups within an organization.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels.
- Team player with customer service focus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effectively manages multiple projects.
- Detail oriented and well organized.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Experience supervising and developing staff.
- Bachelor’s degree required, CMP designation preferred.
- Target Salary: $115-130k
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.