Company Name: Citrix
Location: Delaware County, PA
Type: Full Time
We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
Wrike is seeking a fun-loving, highly motivated, strategic thinker to take on the dynamic (and newly created) role of Director of Events. Reporting to the VP of Corporate Marketing, the successful candidate will be responsible for building and driving our corporate and lead generation events program. As such, you and your growing team are responsible for a significant contribution to brand awareness, lead generation and pipeline goals.
Now that we’re living in a hybrid world, our events strategy encompasses virtual and physical events, so we need a team leader that can bring together all the elements that make up a great event – brand, storytelling, compelling communication and engagement, and strategic follow up – no matter what type of event we’re attending/creating. Don’t worry, we know it’s not an easy job this event thing, and that’s why we’re supporting the successful candidate in building out a world-class team underneath them. We’re growing fast as a company and we believe this role is critical to us achieving our Marketing goals and supporting overall business success.
This is an incredible opportunity for someone looking to be a strategic cross-functional leader who’s adept at bringing multiple teams together on a joint project and goal. You’ll work with sales leaders, executives, peers in customer marketing, communications, digital marketing and more. You’ll have the opportunity to be creative, strategic, collaborative and autonomous all at once. We want an experienced leader with a proven track record of mentoring and growing individual contributors to be Wrike’s future leaders.
- Build and own our corporate and lead generation events program to drive significant contribution to brand awareness, lead generation and pipeline goals
- Understand and translate Wrike’s business and marketing goals to create an end-to-end event strategy for every place we show up – user conferences, sponsored webinars, major industry events, partner conferences, user groups, executive speaking opportunities and more
- Build effective team and cross-organizational processes to ensure the event program is planned and executed effectively – help us ensure maximum outcomes for the business
- Ensure events strategy maximizes support for other departmental and team goals including sales, customer support and service, communications, digital etc
- Effectively manage the events budget, clearly articulate brand and lead generation ROI with strong follow up strategy and reporting that ties back to departmental metrics
- Develop and launch work streams that drive event tasks with Wrike, partnering with our internal teams and mapping to our external agencies
- Responsible for the full event operations on a particular program, including timeline creation, agency management, space planning, and program agenda strategy
- Continually connect with key stakeholders to ensure priorities and initiatives are aligned
- Collaborate and work with event agency counterparts to maximize value and output
- Act as a single point of event continuity across ops, content, tech, and customer journey in order to map area needs and asks to actual execution
- Present monthly and quarterly event marketing analytics reports and provide thoughtful recommendations based on data-backed insights and qualitative feedback
- 10+ years of demonstrated success in project and event management in a rapid-growth environment
- 3+ years of experience hiring, managing, and leading high-performing individual contributors
- Strong project management detail, extensive event logistics experience, and proven success in cross functional work leading teams toward a project goal
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once, set priorities, work proactively and independently, problem solve, improvise and function as part of a team that must perform well under pressure
- Commitment to collaborate and develop positive business relationships with all cross-functional peers and stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to build trust and collaboration with peers
- Day-to-day use and knowledge of Google Suite and Slack is expected
- Flexibility to adjust to the dynamic nature of a fast-growth business
- Ability to travel to support events
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Possess an understanding of Wrike’s project management software
Everyone is welcome at Citrix. We prioritize diversity, equity, inclusion, and a culture of belonging, and celebrate bringing our courageous, authentic selves to work. We believe this way of working helps us innovate, and it’s just one of the reasons why our employees continuously recognize Citrix as a great place to work.