Company Name: Bipartisan Policy Center
Location: Washington DC-Baltimore
Type: Full Time
The Bipartisan Policy Center is a Washington, DC-based think tank that actively fosters bipartisanship by combining the best ideas from both parties to promote health, security, and opportunity for all Americans. Our policy solutions are the product of informed deliberations by former elected and appointed officials, business and labor leaders, and academics and advocates who represent both sides of the political spectrum. BPC prioritizes one thing above all else: getting things done.
BPC works to reconcile the competing aims of highly interested advocates, corporations, and policy experts and design politically viable consensus solutions. We seek out individuals and organizations that are deeply vested in the outcome of its policy projects and ask that they check absolutely nothing at the door, bringing all their passion, political perspectives, and interests to the table. BPC believes that the fundamental strength of American democracy is unity forged amid diversity, and we endeavor to represent this pluralism in all of our policy negotiations.
BPC focuses on policy solutions to strengthen our democracy, promote economic growth, opportunity and inclusion, address climate change and create better health outcomes for all Americans.
The Director of Events is responsible for overseeing BPC events and programming. This includes a portfolio of events designed to support policy teams, attract media coverage and promote BPC to development, stakeholder and Hill audiences. This position reports to the Vice President of External Affairs and Marketing.
- Develop, implement and manage all public and private event programming for organization, in-person, hybrid and virtual.
- Create and execute strategies to promote the BPC brand through events, identifying topics and participants that are compelling, timely and newsworthy.
- Work with the VP of External Affairs and Marketing to establish an annual strategy of events including multiple complex and high-profile events throughout the year.
- Oversee and manage BPC’s events team and mentor staff.
- Ensure smooth execution of all event logistics.
- Work with the development, policy and communication teams to strategize and conceptualize new and creative BPC events, including annual and biennial signature events.
- Plan and work with direct report, Manager of Events, to execute high donor events, including dinners and receptions. Cultivate and grow relationships with external event partners to generate new ideas and opportunities for events and collaborations.
- Directly interface with Projects and the development and policy teams to generate ideas for programs and events.
- Work with communications, development, and policy teams to identify target audiences and develop and implement marketing strategies for reaching these audiences.
- Regularly advise Projects and senior leadership on the success of events and recommend strategies for increasing effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain high standards of event execution.
- Conduct and coordinate post-event evaluations to assess impact of BPC events.
- Work with BPC’s web team to integrate digital strategies into events programming.
- Manage internal staff, outside vendors and events budgets.
At least 10 years of direct experience in event planning. Experience managing staff and budgets required.
- Experience in event marketing and strategic planning.
- Experience in sourcing and managing all aspects of live and virtual events
- Experience in effective hybrid event design that delivers optimal in-person and online experience for event participants.
- Experience managing digital platforms.
- Experience with high donor fundraising events.
- Digital communications skills, including how to use effectively use social media platforms as part of event programming.
- An ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A demonstrated innovative and creative approach to developing successful events programming.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team and independently.
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure. Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional relationship management skills. Experience communicating with high level principals.
- Occasional travel required. Ability to work event-based hours, including occasional nights and weekends as needed.
BPC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.