Company Name: Lumbermens Merchandising Corporation
Location: Wayne, PA
Type: Full Time
The Director of Corporate Meetings and Travel will be responsible for LMC’s tradeshow and event strategy and will lead a team to flawlessly plan and execute events designed to support commercial activity and to improve engagement with dealers (customers) and suppliers.
You will be responsible for all aspects of event strategy and management, from planning to execution and follow up. With your superior organization, negotiation, and communication skills, you will manage resources and budgets effectively and creatively. To be successful, you will need strategic vision, aptitude for garnering cross-functional buy-in and alignment, collaboration with key stakeholders, and effective development of engagement campaigns for both external and internal participants.
- Develops the vision/strategy and standards for LMC’s tradeshows, meetings and events and partners with the senior leadership team to determine objectives and desired outcomes.
- Identifies new opportunities or programs to drive deeper engagement with dealers and suppliers.
- Executes plans in the support of the established objectives, assesses outcomes and incorporates learnings into future events.
- Oversees logistic plans, venue selection, contracting and creative services. Negotiates contracts for hotels, facilities and meeting venues and oversees negotiation of other related activities such as food and beverage, entertainment, audio visual, registration and destination management.
- Responsible for venue selection and contract negotiations. This includes researching cities, hotels and other venues to host LMC meetings and makes recommendations to senior management and LMC’s Board of Directors.
- Partners with Marketing and other stakeholders in the development and content of agendas and communication plans and materials including invitations, promotional materials, meeting websites and other meeting/event collateral.
- Responsible for oversight of travel management including policy administration and adherence and all operational issues.
- Develops, implements and manages all travel vendor relationships and programs (agency, air, hotel, car rental and ground transportation).
- Responsible for development and monitoring of event budgets for over $3 million in meeting and travel spend. Manages individual budgets with focus on maintaining fiscal responsibility including reconciliation of all income and expenses.
- Develops project management schedule that organizes the tasks, staffing and resources to avoid risk and assure the highest quality event execution.
- Communicates objectives, expectations, progress, and results to stakeholders for each event.
- Recommends educational sessions and speakers to the Planning, Development & Education Committee.
- Analyze events and prepare and implement recommendations for improving effectiveness and operational efficiencies into future event plans.
- Develops and administers corporate credit card programs including Business Travel Account.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Bachelor degree in business administration, marketing, meeting management, public relations, or hospitality
- Ten (10) years of executive level experience in planning and producing large scale events, meetings and conferences in a business to business environment.
- Adept at hands-on program execution through both in-person and online methods.
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent negotiation skills and demonstrated experience in contracting
- Comfortable working with a variety of audiences/customer centric focused
- Results-oriented with a passion for performance measurement and analytics
- Flexibility and “can-do” attitude
- Communication and influence – must be energetic and passionate with the ability to lead cross-functional teams to achieve goals.
- Ability to manage through multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines