Company Name: Splunk
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Full Time
The Director of Corporate Events is an individual contributor responsible for a variety of marketing activities that support global events. Primary job focus areas are 1) partnering with Senior Director Global Event Marketing and the Director, Corporate Event Marketing on strategic growth plan for the SplunkLive! event family 2) delivering all marketing initiatives from brand to journey plan through to measurement standards and reporting, 3) Support Field Marketing counterparts via creation of Center of Excellence tools and best practice sharing and 4) manage development and strategy of potential developer conference or other upcoming special project. This person will work closely with GEM and other marketing leadership, including product marketing, graphic and content teams, web experts and other stakeholders/contributors to strategically bring excitement, innovation and excellence to our events to better amplify and support Splunk’s strategy and key initiatives. The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker who understands the business and evolving priorities and how they apply to events in ways that deliver strong ROI and delight attendees.
- Understand and be able to articulate corporate marketing objectives and corporate messaging.
- Be able to articulate key business value for all recommendations/decisions, develop appropriate KPIs and establish regular cadence of analysis and reporting for all areas of ownership.
- Manage suppliers and other contributors on flawless execution of all assigned deliverables and programs – on schedule and within budget.
- Oversee the development, design and execution of all event themes, brand and creative journey elements, and ensure all in line with objectives and overall event strategy. Ensure creative amplification across various digital platforms and cross channels.
- Set strategy and manage all marketing communications to achieve audience acquisition and other event goals with concise, effective communication programs through all appropriate channels.
- Creatively leverage various Splunk communities to amplify, curate content and advocates, and further event programs.
- Manage the development and execution of timely communications to internal stakeholders, including executives, throughout all phases of the event programs.
- Define needs for and manage research programs to gain intelligence and create better event programs.
- Manage budgets in collaboration with Director, Corporate Event Marketing and Briefing Centers team area owners, finance and third-party vendors.
- Develop strong relationships with cross functional teams, including product experts, procurement, finance, marketing operations, technical services teams, and integrated marketing teams to ensure alignment and successful outcomes.
- Minimum of 10-12 years successful event management experience, preferably for a high-tech, fast-paced company.
- Apply proven experience with budget management, inc. international currencies a plus.
- Ability to think strategically, and ensure event activities support business goals.
- Demonstrate success in managing and negotiating with third-party vendors.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once, set priorities, work independently, problem solve, improvise, and function as part of a team that must perform under pressure.
- Show desire to continually improve processes and think outside the box with creative approach to new projects.
- Foster collaboration and teamwork across cross-functional teams that are not under direct control.
- Demonstrate superior communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Be a team player skilled at both managing and working as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.