Company Name: Catalyst Inc.
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
Catalyst is a global nonprofit supported by many of the world’s most powerful CEOs and leading companies to help build workplaces that work for women. Founded in 1962, Catalyst drives change with preeminent thought leadership, actionable solutions and a galvanized community of multinational corporations to accelerate and advance women into leadership—because progress for women is progress for everyone. We invite you to share our passion.
Catalyst is a global nonprofit supported by many of the world’s most powerful CEOs and leading companies to help build workplaces that work for women. Founded in 1962, Catalyst drives change with preeminent thought leadership, actionable solutions and a galvanized community of multinational corporations to accelerate and advance women into leadership—because progress for women is progress for everyone.
Summary Of Responsibilities
The Director of In-Person Events is responsible for creating and executing all the in-person events for Catalyst, including the in-person side of hybrid events and conferences such as the annual Catalyst Awards, Catalyst Honours, and the gala dinners. This role is accountable for venue management, signage & environmental design, F&B, audio-visual, exhibits, on-site staffing, and all aspects of delivering in-person high-end executive experiences.
- Create the annual in-person event strategy, with the VP of Events, including determining the events schedule for the year, ticket pricing, and marketing strategies.
- Project-manage Catalyst events globally such as fundraising galas, conferences, webinars, roundtables, and partner events, including rolling up your sleeves with hands-on execution.
- Partner with the Director of Online Events to produce hybrid events, collaborating on AV and speaker requirements, registration, sponsor engagement, etc.
- Serve as on-site management for all in-person events.
- Own and manage the relationship with in-person production/AV vendor(s), environmental design/exhibit vendor(s), and venue(s).
- Provide input into budgets and monitor expenses; prepare financial reports.
- Responsible for the execution of event surveys, evaluation, and other on-site data collection.
- Establish standard processes related to the execution of in-person events with an eye on creating efficiencies and increasing the quality of our event execution. Be on the lookout for evolving methods to innovate the attendee experience.
- As the Product Owner, work with the Marketing department to create and deliver a marketing plan for every event program, including messaging features & benefits. Support the timely delivery of all marketing deliverables related to in-person events.
- Partner with the Event Content Director and the Speaker Management Associate to ensure timely speaker management and oversee physical stage management and production. Create processes and efficiencies over time to support scaling physical Content & Speaker management execution.
- Partner with the Event Fundraising Director and the Sponsor Management Associate to deliver on physical sponsor commitments such as booth presence, logo/branding, and signage. Create processes and efficiencies over time to support scaling physical Sponsor management execution.
- Look for ways to promote deeper engagement with Catalyst Supporters during events with cross-promotions and/or intradepartmental involvement in events, and to expand the Supporter base utilizing events.
Education, Knowledge, And Skills
- 7+ years of event management experience, with at least 3 years focused on events as a marketing function.
- 3+ years’ experience in event audience acquisition.
- Demonstratable hands-on experience running high-end events with firsthand knowledge of stage production, audio-visual, catering, venue management, exhibitions, and environmental design.
- Experience with event management tools.
- Strong project management abilities, including project planning/oversight.
- Experience in a deadline-driven environment with multiple priorities and limited turnaround time, especially close to event dates.
- Exceptional problem-solving capability and ability to remain calm in high intensity situations.
- Ability to interact comfortably and confidently with C-level executives from a wide range of industries and backgrounds.
- Ability to represent Catalyst in a clear, effective, and professional manner.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Highly organized with superior attention to detail. Process-oriented with proven background establishing repeatable processes and creating efficiencies.
- Broad knowledge of the corporate environment and events industry.