Company Name: Contentful
Location: United States (Remote)
Type: Full Time
Are you an exceptional leader that can inspire others to create experiences at scale? Here’s your chance to develop an exciting career and play an active role at a growth stage startup! Contentful is looking for an experienced leader to join our Marketing Department by leading a team that plans, executes and measures on a set of external and internal events.
This high-impact role will build and lead a team to work cross-functionally between field, product marketing, and corporate functions, to drive event execution from inception to completion. You will identify key success factors to drive effectiveness of leveraging events to build connections with developers, customers, partners, industry experts and employee audiences.
Reporting to the VP of Content and Experiences, you must be comfortable with managing through ambiguity and selling in recommendations to executives. The successful Director will lead a team that ensures events are prioritized and maximize company investments based on expected results. The leader will be a coach for their team, model collaboration, inspire creativity, listen well and discern needs, and quickly be able to problem-solve.
What to expect?
- Lead strategic decision making frameworks and planning of in-person and digital first-party, third-party events and internal events focusing on outcomes that drive business impact and maximize return.
- Provide context to the team on the business environment for each event to create an event plan that includes the overall experience design, content proposal, branding and communications
- Demonstrate collaboration by modeling how to collaborate with the Field sales, Product and Marketing, aligning specifically within the Marketing department across Communication, Content and Marketing Ops teams to develop strategies leveraging existing content and access to industry communities to promote events and tradeshows
- Build a self-serve model with an ‘event-in-a-box’ and guidance that teaches others how to plan, coordinate and execute internal company events or local field events as they arise.
- Empower a team to manage the day-to-day planning and execution of customer and/or partner facing events, industry conferences, including the attendee management, staffing and pre- and post-event communications
- Model superior written and oral communication skills and adeptness in working with senior management to all stakeholders, including internal briefing documents for specified events and conferences.
- Oversee the execution of the events plan starting with the concept stage, through vendor contracting, planning, registration and on-site execution
- Ensure the business is leveraging effective provisioning, configuration, operation, and maintenance of event systems.
- Support the team on the negotiation of contracts for both large and small scale events.
- Deliver an evaluation on the ROI for all events.
- Work closely with the senior leadership team in strategic planning of events as far as two years in advance.
What you need to be successful?
- BA or equivalent degree, preferably in events marketing or related area of expertise.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in marketing with an emphasis of experience on corporate events, ideally in technology, with at least 2 years managing people.
- Knowledge of Virtual Events Platforms, Registration Platforms, and software such as: Cvent, Salesforce, Hopin.
- Experience in creating and executing User Conferences or driving the overall presence at large-scale industry events.
- Exceptional cross-organization/cross-functional project management and collaboration skills.
- Storytelling skills to sell in ideas and learner mindset to constantly identify, share, and apply insights for continual improvement of experiences.
- Ability to set and drive requirements across multiple functional areas.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills are required.
- Detail-oriented, team-oriented while knowing how to prioritize effectively.
- Budget Management skills to forecast, manage, and summarize event spend with internal teams and vendors.
- Adaptable under pressure with quick deadlines.
- Self-motivated and directed person, requiring minimal supervision for successful assignment completion.
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!