Company Name: ISTE
Location: Arlington, VA
Type: Full Time
Welcome to the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE®), home to a passionate community of global educators who believe in the power of technology to transform teaching and learning, accelerate innovation and solve tough problems in education. ISTE is looking for a passionate educator with experience in developing educational programming for a series of educational professional development events to join the Events Team as the Director, Events Content and Leadership Strategies. This individual will lead educational programming for ISTE’s district leadership events, collaborate on and support ISTE’s annual conference as well as support other focused events.
This position will serve as the lead content developer for ISTE’s leadership events held within the annual conference and the focused events portfolio. Specifically, this position will design content and programming for the ISTE Leadership Exchange, a professional learning event (which includes three days of programming for district and International leaders within the ISTE annual conference), and will serve as the lead content designer for the Digital Leadership Summit, an annual two-day event for school and district leaders.
This position also serves as a content expert for all events produced by ISTE and provides general programming support for the annual conference and focused events, including developing new content, assisting in the selection process for all events, and selecting knowledgeable and cutting-edge speakers.
POSITION SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Designs and collaborates on new events or learning experiences such as the Leadership Exchange, Creative Constructor Lab, the Digital Leadership Summit and other new content offerings.
- Supports the Senior Director of Event Content and program committee’s work on the annual conference and focused events, serving as a key member of the content team.
- Assists the program team in producing ISTE’s annual conference content offerings including juried sessions, organizationally-created content, and new session types.
- Interfaces with other ISTE staff, sponsors, and other stakeholders on supporting their content goals in our live events.
- Takes leadership in working with invited speakers to build programming at all events.
- Manages new ideas submissions, including the review and selection process
- Researches and recommends new program elements and how they can be integrated into existing program content for all events, including but not limited to the conference infrastructures and focused events.
- Participates in the development and support of program content elements within overall event marketing campaigns. Collaborates with marketing to ensure program information is accurate and represents the program vision and goals.
- Creates programming at all events that is aligned with the ISTE standards
- Analyzes participant feedback and survey results to advance the program building for the annual conference and focused-events.
- Collaborates with logistics and other organizational staff and partners on creating events content.
- Project manages program initiatives and events in collaboration with the events team
- Participates as a member of the onsite conference team, as well as the onsite focused events team, typically 3-8 days (depending on the event) out of the regular office environment with 10-14 hour work days in high-stress, performance-driven environment.
- Participates in various current- and future- conference event and focused-events site visits and planning meetings, as needed. Periodic site visits to US cities are of 3-4 days’ duration with 10/12 hour-long days and takes place typically in September, February and May.
- Provides support to conference and focused-events leadership that may include meeting coordination, research, report development, and other tasks as assigned.
Minimum Qualification Guidelines
- 4-year college degree, advanced degree preferred
- Experience: at least five years of experience in education
- Five or more years of project management or event coordination experience
- An equivalent combination of education and experience is also acceptable
- Education knowledge (specifically with leadership audiences)
- Ability to comfortably present publicly at conferences and inspire action
- Learning and event design skills
- Organization and project management skills
- Tech-savvy and self-motivated learner and adopter of new tools and systems.
- Resourceful problem solver, demonstrating the ability to take initiative and make good decisions after considering various courses of action
- Passionate contributor and collaborator
- Exceptionally detailed project manager, achieving thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all areas involved
- The ability to represent the organization professionally inside and outside of the office, including communicating clearly and concisely in written and oral form
- Ability to work in an evolving and changing environment and under pressure both independently, and as part of a team.
At ISTE, our commitment to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action seeks to ensure a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We respect and value work force diversity among all employees and all those with whom we do business.