Company Name: Salesforce
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Full Time
As the Director of Experience Strategy for Strategic Events, you will lead the team who plays a pivotal role as the single point of entry to Strategic Events for our organization. This position requires a strategic thinker and leader to champion buyer engagement, align product and industry announcements, and drive impactful experiences in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Strategic Portfolio Planning:
- Develop and lead the strategic planning of the in person and virtual events portfolio, focusing on the core product solutions, industries, and top local markets.
- Drive annual calendar planning to align product launches, industry announcements, and pipeline-driving activities.
- Lead team of designated cloud and industry strategists to engage core business partners in strategic planning across product marketing, industry marketing, campaigns, and field marketing.
- Manage the team that serves as the single point of contact and gateway to strategic events, regularly participating in Cloud and Industry business meetings to align with launches, business priorities, and identify potential gaps early.
- Work with Cloud and Industry CMOs to identify product marketing and industry marketing’s event specific roles and responsibilities across our event portfolio.
- Paid Event Strategy
- Design the overall event strategy for our most impactful multi-day events like Dreamforce. Work cross functionally to identify event vision, key experience framework, messaging/positioning, audience acquisition strategy, and more.
- Event Technology Innovation:
- Lead the team that works cross functionally with technical teams to design the roadmap and deliver a strategy for virtual and in person event technology innovations.
- Cross-Team Collaboration :
- Regularly align with the third party event team to deliver one comprehensive events plan. And activate business through third-party events, collaborating with Product Marketing Managers (PMM) to drive net new logos, brand awareness, and market penetration by Industry and Cloud.
- Collaborate with our Ancillary event team to design strategic ancillary experiences that drive and mature pipeline. Including standalone cloud experiences, industry-specific events, and ancillary programs that live within our proprietary portfolio.
- Work across our World Tour, Campground, Content, and Essentials teams to align on Cloud and Industry priorities, inclusions, and allocations.
- Pipeline Driving Activities:
- Deliver the strategy behind pipeline-driving activities at third-party events, Essentials, World Tours, and more to maximize impact in the top 25 cities.
- Ensure seamless execution and alignment with overall business objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field (Master’s degree preferred).
- Proven experience in strategic planning and execution of large-scale events, with a focus on buyer engagement.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to drive business results through events.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.