Company Name: IAB
Location: New York City, NY
Type: Full Time
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is looking for a dynamic and innovative Director of Event Marketing who shares our passion for digital media and helping industry leaders thrive in the digital economy.
The Director of Event Marketing is a visionary and creative marketing professional who has an expansive background developing and executing marketing and communication strategies for thought leadership events. Throughout the year, IAB convenes the digital ecosystem at thought leadership events, marketplaces, webinars, and other signature events. You will oversee marketing this best-in-class IAB event portfolio.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the strategy and creation of omnichannel marketing plans to drive event attendee acquisition/registration for all IAB branded events and you will both direct and be hands-on in creative development, email marketing, organic and paid social media, PR, event web pages, advertising, partnerships, and deliverables, and drive innovative ideas, process optimization, and improvements.
- Create and develop event marketing plans inclusive of event creative such as logo and environmental design, event proposal template, communications messaging for email, press, and social, and video content to promote the events as well as developing the opening video for the events.
- Define and build audience segments, campaign schedules, KPIs, and ensure timely implementation of all event marketing activities.
- Manage event marketing budgets, track campaign results and performance reports, and suggest improvements for future campaigns.
- Develop creative brief and secure production companies for video development and produce videos for marketing the event
- Develop and write themes, copy, subject lines for email marketing campaigns
- Lead the analysis, development, and presentation of event marketing plans, attendance updates, and complete event recaps to leadership and company
- Partner with and collaborate with IAB Events team
- Develop strategic marketing partnerships with media publications and IAB member companies as relevant
- Interface with IAB members, partners, sponsors, and other industry leaders to gain market intelligence that will inform marketing and communications strategies and tactics
- Lead the Event Marketing Manager and report into the Senior Director, Marketing
- Raise the profile of the IAB brand, communicating IAB event marketing activities effectively to IAB member companies’ staff and leadership
Who You Are:
- A creative thinker and storyteller, and it shows in your innovative approach to creating event marketing campaigns that stand out from the pack.
- You love what you do! And it shows, you’ve been doing what you love for a while. You have 10+ years of direct experience working in event marketing and communications and have a BA degree.
- You have strong digital marketing experience with a record of executing successful digital marketing campaigns using email marketing and organic and paid social
- Some people get nervous speaking in public, but you are not those people. You love educating and speaking to an audience and have experience presenting marketing plans to large audiences.
- You know a thing or two about marketing platforms. You have hands-on mastery of email marketing/lead generator platforms (Marketo/HubSpot)
- You love working solo or with a team. You have experience engaging with teams cross-functionally and working solo.
- You deeply understand the digital media landscape, knowledge of the advertising technology, publishing and social media sectors, and a passion for advertising, marketing, and media
- You are a Rock Start at Project Management! You have proven experience in project management, managing multiple projects simultaneously, and managing multiple constituents—a proactive approach to work is essential.
- You are a proficient communicator with excellent oral/written communication/presentation skills and in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- You are digitally connected and savvy. You are highly proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, video conferencing platforms (e.g., Zoom), SharePoint.
- Big Plus- MBA Degree
Why You’ll Love IAB:
- We team up. We can promise you’ll work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard and we have fun too. We care deeply about our work and each other.
- We are purposeful, strategic, and mindful with our decisions, words, and behaviors.
- Everybody sweeps. No task is ever too small for our team. We sweat the details and are not afraid to get our hands dirty.
- We lead the future together and cultivate the action mindset to create it.
- We cultivate curiosity, take risk, and learn by doing and reward future thinking.
- We encourage all voices. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to share their thoughts and ideas. We embrace the idea that debate is healthy and knowing that an impassioned discourse leads to our best results.
- We stay hungry. We look for the hardest challenges and tasks and once we master them, we look for the next one. We celebrate our victories and are always excited for tomorrow knowing “good enough” is never really “good enough.”
IAB is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.