Company Name: Alteryx, Inc.
Location: Irvine, CA
Type: Full Time
The Director, Global Inspire Conferences will drive the global event strategy of our highly rated and rapidly growing program. This program currently includes 3 large scale conference: Inspire North America, Inspire EMEA and Inspire on Tour APAC. This role is critical to ensuring our conferences align to business objectives and improves the effectiveness and impact of our programs.
Responsibilities include but not limited to :
- Work across the organization, ensuring alignment with executives on the global strategy, execution and measurement. Collaborate internally with leadership in marketing, sales, product, finance, sourcing, design and HR to drive internal support, awareness and efficiencies.
- Oversee the global Inspire events team, ensuring event team leaders are empowered and resourced to lead and execute events with their teams. Work to build an exceptional team and provide guidance for the team’s professional development and performance management.
- Oversee the innovation and development of our conference portfolio, keeping Alteryx ahead of the curve and an events trend setter, while maintaining a strong focus on customer experience, engagement and brand alignment. Explore and nurture contacts and relationships with industry leaders, ensuring strong vendor relationships and innovation.
- Facilitate and drive innovation, thinking outside the box, while ensuring value and purpose.
- Management of P&L, global budgets, sponsorship development and revenue/ticket acquisition. Reporting/measurement of the program KPIs.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 15+ years successfully supporting global customer, partner and prospect events with demonstrated experience overseeing a large event portfolio and team.
- Proven track record of supporting, large scale global, corporate conferences of +5000 attendees with measurement/reporting of program KPIs.
- Experience in tech events, including city-wide conferences desired.
- Experience building a conference portfolio that meets the business goals and can demonstrate impact on those goals.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal who can articulate the mission, vision, and purpose for the Alteryx Inspire conferences.
- Solution-focused and demonstrates Alteryx’s culture and corporate values.
- Preferred strong experience and a working knowledge: P&L and budget management, sponsorship development and execution, live-streamed events, logistics, marketing and revenue/ticket acquisition best practices, contract management including collaboration with purchasing and legal, expo planning and execution, ancillary events, housing/hotel contracts, convention and visitor bureau negotiations, F&B, brand activations, signage/structures, technology tools including websites, mobile apps, registration systems, and technology infrastructure such as network and AV.
- Management of global event agencies and AV vendors.
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects across several functional departments.
- Courage to take initiative, address problems, and make continuous process improvements.
- Commitment to professionalism and personal growth.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including ability to create executive presentations.
- Ability to scale and grow with an organization.
- Ability to manage and juggle numerous programs, from inception to execution.
- Willingness to travel within the U.S. and internationally, up to 40%.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience with registration tools: RainFocus, Splash a plus.