Company Name: Comcast
Location: New York City, NY
Type: Full Time
In today’s world of constant media
consumption, reaching consumers with quality, impactful advertising is more
important than ever. At the center of that consumption is Comcast Spotlight and
Freewheel the advanced advertising arm of Comcast that provides premium video
advertising to clients of all shapes and sizes. We sit at a unique focal point
of cross-platform consumption with a treasure trove of data and a cache of
The Director, Event Marketing is responsible for conceiving and executing events at Comcast Advertising (including Comcast Spotlight and Freewheel), both for internal and market-facing audiences.
Reporting To The VP Brand Marketing, Comcast Advertising, This Position Will Work Closely With The Comcast Spotlight And Freewheel Leadership Teams To Develop And Manage The Annual Event Strategy, Focusing On Two Key Audiences
- The internal ad sales team (through leadership off-sites, quarterly town halls, national sales meeting, etc.)
- Advertising decision-makers and influencers, including traditional television programmers, digital ad technology partners, agencies, and regional/national brand marketers
The preferred location for this
position is in our New York City headquarters.
- Conceptualize event ideas and executions to demonstrate and deliver on Comcast Spotlight and Freewheel’s strategic priorities and product roadmap
- Project manage events of all sizes for various groups, including internal stakeholders and client/agency partners
- Collaborate with internal creative services to develop powerful brand experiences
- Work with Communications team to ensure event alignment with marketplace messaging
- Brief senior management on upcoming event experiences, logistics, and requirements; secure approvals and internal support.
- Manage hospitality details, including lodging, travel, and food and beverage vendors
- Develop partnerships with external strategic and executional partners (other media companies, vendors, and industry partners like IAB, CES, NADA, AdAge, Adweek, NCC, etc.)
- Set and managing overall annual event budgets
- Craft POVs to evaluate potential opportunities
- Provide robust post-event recaps, including client activation stats, ROI analysis, etc.
- Approves policies and operating procedures, as well as strategies and concepts, venue selections, and budgets.
- Provides direct management to team that will execute national promotions and manage fulfillment.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Highly innovative with positive energy
- Has clear understanding of the advertising (and adtech) event landscape, including major partners, associations, and key competitors
- Strong team leadership skills; able to coach team to success, but also jump in as player when needed.
- Meticulous with a keen eye for detail
- Strong organization, project & event management with an ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, and budget management skills
- Must be a self-starter and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated skills with client service, communication, creativity, strategic thinking, problem-solving, & teamwork
- Minimum 7+ years of experience with an agency, client, media company, or sales organization background, where the individual was responsible for presentation, sponsorship, creative and promotion development
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Extensive travel to scout locations and manage event activations required
- Bachelor’s Degree
Employees At All Levels Are Expect To
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
- and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
- tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
- huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
- better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer