Company Name: Univision
Location: Los Angeles, CA (Hybrid)
Type: Full Time
We are a fun, creative and passionate team tasked with bringing the TelevisaUnivision story to life live and in-person. We form emotional connections to the brand and strengthen relationships with our customers and our community through best-in-class events, engagements and experiences.
You will be responsible for planning and executing events for the revenue-generating, market-leading Advertising Sales organization and lead the Experiential Marketing division, overseeing and executing both B2B hospitality and B2C sponsorship activations at all major TelevisaUnivision tentpole events. You will work closely with the Sr. Director, Event Marketing and the VP, Ad Sales Marketing to strategize, curate, and execute culturally relevant engagements to strengthen our audience’s understanding of the brand’s compelling content, messaging, and storytelling.
You will report to the Sr. Director, Event Marketing. You will also directly manage the Managers, Event Marketing.
You are an enthusiastic and creative experiential storyteller that can bring a concept to life on paper, through in-person presentations and through both virtual and in-person experiences. Your passion for events and brand activations guides you to curate culturally relevant engagements that strengthen our audience’s understanding of the brand’s compelling content and messaging. Your strong understanding of XM activations and the event marketing landscape across media and entertainment will help shape the Experiential Marketing division within the U.S. Event Marketing and Brand Experiences department.
- Act as a key member of Event Marketing senior leadership and oversee key workstreams, operational milestones, and executions of 75+ events annually including the TelevisaUnivision annual Upfront and our award-winning Leading the Change Hispanic marketing forum.
- Lead the Experiential Marketing Division, optimizing the strategy and departmental processes and cross departmental collaboration to ensure optimized delivery of B2C brand activations for blue chip advertisers at 4-6 tentpole consumer events each year (e.g. The Latin GRAMMY, Premio Lo Nuestro, major soccer championships and more)
- Collaborate cross departmentally on ensuring strong client partnerships, delivery on brand KPIs and critical ROI with a goal of helping to secure increased client investments YoY.
- Effectively communicate and translate your vision from both a strategic and creative perspective to garner the support of stakeholders.
- Strategize, curate, and execute culturally-relevant engagements that deepen both internal and external client affinity for our brands, content and the community we serve
- Partner with Ad Sales Marketing to ensure a cohesive and strategic client experience as it relates to programmed content (e.g. on-stage presentations, insight-driven branding, attendee flow, etc.)
- Develop and manage relationships with strategic industry partners and vendors as well as internal and external clients.
- Manage and track Event budgets of up to $500,000 with the goal of promoting the company’s brand and services to the target audience with a strong focus on ROI.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years directly related experience in experiential marketing and sponsorship activations
- Minimum of 7-10 years directly related experience in event planning
- Minimum of 2-3 years of management experience, with strong leadership abilities and instincts
- Extensive vendor management experience, including impeccable negotiation skills
- Proven experience working within all levels of an organization, with the ability to communicate effectively and present to C-suite level stakeholders frequently
- Creative with an eye for design
- Keen attention to detail and a drive to build relationships and operate with integrity
- Must be willing to work from office in New York in a hybrid work model; will consider remote work in other locations where Univision has a local office.
- Employment/education will be verified
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Candidate must be willing to travel minimum of 30% for this role
Univision is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.