Company Name: Microsoft
Location: Redmond, WA
Type: Full Time
Microsoft Event and Studios’ Team is seeking a confident and visionary manager to drive process, develop teams and supplier relationships within Microsoft’s live event productions. Professional experience in live broadcast and/or events is essential.
This is a critical role supporting a highly visibile portolio of events that amplifies the Microsoft narrative for highly targeted audiences to generate optimal business impact. This position requires strategic thinking – to analyze data from history, trends in industry, and current/future business need – in order to develop pioneering solutions that strengthen Microsoft position in the industry.
One of the most significant aspects of the position will be to manage a team of producers and vendors supporting the live space. The requirement of the manager will be to clearly contextualize corporate vision and strategy as it applies to the specific responsibilities and deliverables of the job. In developing people, the manager will clear roadblocks and create opportunity for the continued growth of the team both within Microsoft and within the industry.
Trust is critical element of success in this high stress industrty. It is essential for the manager to build relationships that allow for transparent sharing of ideas, building of consensus, and generating thought leadership. Relationships will be required across the corporation and with external subject matter experts. In all communications, it is expected that you will be well informed of business objectives, inherant risks to all parties, and potential benefits and opportunities.
Our work is global, our audiences are global, and our partners are global. Different cultures and business practices must be an important part of our communication. As a rule, you must bring an inclusive first approach to all that you do – internal or external – process or execution. It is core to Microsoft’s values.
We are seeking a leader and team member who will bring an ability to balance the needs of the multiple clients (internal event business owners, team directors, GM, CVPs and others), strategy and execution challenges. You should also be able to demonstrate strong proficiency with key role competencies including exceptional communication and organizational skills, agile problem-solving processes, a passion for excellence, strong cross-team collaboration abilities, self-motivated and forward looking, and the ability to work as a part of an extended “virtual” team. We work in an ever-changing environment so flexibility, resourcefulness, strategic influencing and a passion for pioneering are essential.
With department leadership, develop a vision for the continued pioneering and development of the live event space. Establish regular communications and reporting with your producer team and disseminate information to appropriate channels to maintain transparency, consistency, and facilitate speed of business.
In this role you manage a team of producers that will be accountable for the end to end live event experience. In some instances you will also be managing an event with your supplier team.
The End To End Live Experience Includes
- Design live shows that tell the Microsoft stories on brand, on time and on budget
- Execute on creative vision and content delivery for both in person and online audiences
- Be a steward to the Microsoft Core Narratives and ensure that they are woven into the fabric of our experiences.
- All while keeping in mind the dual live audiences: in the room and broadcast.
- 5+ years business to business, business to consumer, digital, or experiential/event marketing experience OR equivalent experience.
- 2+ years people management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of experience delivering successful digital and/or in person experiential marketing.
- Ability to drive clarity and direction in ambiguous situations.
- Clear and confident strategic project management experience with large budgets, complex schedules and the organizational skills needed to set and drive requirements across multiple functional areas
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Self -motivated and directed person, requiring minimal supervision for assignment completion.
- An innovative spirit with the courage to tackle big ideas and continually add features to our production platform that haven’t been done before
The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $124,800 – $242,600 per year. Microsoft has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets (see below). The range above reflects the potential base pay across the U.S. for this role (except as noted below); the applicable base pay range will depend on what ultimately is determined to be the candidate’s primary work location.