Company Name: Ricoh
Location: Exton, PA
Type: Full Time
The Director of Corporate Events has the responsibility for developing and executing the Corporation’s overall strategy for Events, Trade Shows, Exhibits, Fairs, Internal meetings and Incentive programs. This person will manage a team of event professions in the planning and managing of logistics and operations for effective execution on programs and events, as well as providing leadership and counsel with all internal customers, including but not limited to Senior Staff, Business Unit leaders, marketing and sales leaders to align programs with corporate objectives. Ability to translate broad strategies into structured event marketing plans. This role manages a multi-million budget.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide management oversight to the various leadership roles within the function to drive and align all event-related goals to company strategy and execution.
- Participate in strategic planning sessions with the peer managers in marketing, sales, analyst relations, technical leadership teams and other functions that are seeking to hold corporate events.
- Collaborate with marketing teams to continually refine best practices and standards across the organization and then build on them for future event planning and execution
- Work with marketing teams and creative agencies to develop overall program theme, messaging look and feel as well as digital and physical marketing and communications collateral.
- Develop and oversee event messaging, branding, collateral, multimedia production, creative services, expo design and planning, general session design and speaker and talent bureau management.
- Oversee daily operations of meeting and events group.
- Execution of meetings, events and incentives from 25 to 1,500 attendees.
- Development, production and delivery of projects from proposal to delivery to metrics.
- Establish, monitor and manage performance expectations for meetings, events and incentives.
- Develop and manage budgets for approval and assure adherence by tracking and reconciliation of all expenses once budget is approved.
- Travel for site inspection and recommendation of meeting venues for meetings and incentives.
- Provide onsite management of meetings and events to include oversight of vendors and staff.
- Anticipate, develop and implement contingency plans for meeting activities.
- Develop, implement and evaluate meeting processes.
- Provide leadership, motivation, direction and support to the team.
- Responsible for all project budgets from start to finish.
- Deliver events on time, within budget that meet and exceed expectations.
- Manage Partner and vendor relationships and contract negotiations.
- Manage operational and administrative functions to ensure events are delivered efficiently.
- Liaising and networking with a range of stakeholders including colleagues, customers, dealer customers and vendors.
- Communicate, maintain and develop relationships across all business units and with senior management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate leadership and vision in determining and driving strategy decisions, process changes, business initiatives, etc
- Work effectively with staff to executive level employees within the function, across functions and outside of the organization.
- Attention to detail
- Must have a proven track record of relationship building with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks while remaining flexible to changing requirements.
- Solid relationship building and communication skills
- Time management skills
- Vendor management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Budgeting skills
- Problem solving skills
- Verbal and written communications skills including active listening and questioning
- Organizational skills
- Computer skills – MS Office – Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Budgetary skills
- Knowledge of the industry
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize workflow and to coordinate the work of others
- Organizational awareness and knowledge of corporate standards and procedures
- Ability to travel 50% or more a year with many events over 7 days and weekends