Company Name: Okta
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
Okta is looking for a seasoned Events Leader to join our world-class Events team. This person will have experience managing a team and be a self-starter with a proactive approach. We are looking for someone with a broad range of event and marketing experience. The ideal candidate will possess strong organizational skills as well as exceptional communication and leadership skills. They must be flexible with change and comfortable in a fast paced environment.
This role will be responsible for ensuring a world-class audience experience at the company’s internal events including Company Kickoff, Global Sales Kickoff, and President’s Club as well as a large role in Okta’s annual conference, Oktane. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in managing Sales Kickoff events and President’s Club.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Own the vision and strategy for the Internal Corporate Events team
- Lead, manage and mentor a high-performing team of event marketers to ensure goals and audience expectations are always exceeded, and the Okta brand is well represented
- Drive economies of scale across the events team and resources that can be extended across multiple events
- Partner closely with other event leaders and business leaders to ensure cross-functional alignment on event goals and target outcomes
- Maintain a network of partners to assist with various aspects of event management, including venue sourcing, production, branding, and onsite logistics.
- Track ROI, engagement, and audience feedback to measure results, assess opportunities for improvement, and optimize future events
- 10+ years experience in corporate event marketing
- Excellent knowledge of and hands-on experience with all aspects of event management, logistics, vendor negotiation, and marketing.
- Exemplary executive presence and communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while multitasking, re-prioritizing projects, and communicating priority updates to stakeholders.
- A dedicated leader who is passionate about creating amazing experiences and mentoring a team.
- Exceptional client and vendor management skills.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.