Company Name: Manhattan Associates
Location: Atlanta, GA (Hybrid)
Type: Full Time
We are seeking a highly skilled Corporate Events Director to lead and manage our corporate events strategy. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and overseeing all aspects of our corporate events, including theme development, brand management, event management, project management, and people management. This position reports into the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive corporate event strategy aligned with business objectives and brand guideline.
- Responsible for all corporate events, including Manhattan’s annual user conferences, industry tradeshows, virtual events, executive forum, as well as internal events such as president’s club, sales kickoffs, town halls and the executive visitor center.
- Plan, manage and execute all corporate events, including planning, logistics, budgeting, vendor management, theme development, experience design, content orchestration, project management, event management, communications, demand generation logistics and post-event analysis.
- Oversee the development and implement of event branding and marketing initiatives, including event landing pages, collateral design, email marketing, social media, and other marketing channels.
- Collaborate with Programs team and Creative Services to identify promotional opportunities, enhance corporate presence at tradeshows.
- Manage a team of event coordinators and managers, providing leadership, mentorship, and guidance to ensure successful delivery of all events.
- Negotiate contracts and manage relationships with outside vendors.
- Research and recommend events by providing data on cost estimates, resource analyses, potential ROI, competitors, partners, etc.
- Develop event agendas and manage all schedules (tech rehearsals, speaker rehearsals, install and dismantle, etc.)
- Align resources to support events including communications, speakers, equipment, presentations, printed materials, promotional items, registration packets, food and beverage orders, rooming lists, web registration, hotel arrangements, content, budget, etc.
- Coordinate product presentations with Sales and Product Management
- Communicate effectively with all appropriate stakeholders and groups – conference overview, timeline, task assignments, requirements, pre/post event meetings.
- Develop post-event reports and analyses to determine effectiveness of each event as well as recommendations for similar events.
- Apply event planning, marketing and management technology to elevate and streamline event management process
- 10+ years of corporate marketing and event/tradeshow management experience, preferably in the technology and software industry
- Excel at creating unique and memorable online and onsite brand experiences.
- Skilled at maximizing event ROI by managing end-to-end event strategy from pre-, during-, to post-event.
- Demonstrated experience negotiating complex vendor contracts (hotels, exhibition services, event vendors, etc.)
- Proven budget management of multi-million dollar projects
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills, with prior experience interacting with C-Level executives, Sales and Marketing colleagues.
- Strategic thinker regarding brand building event experiences
- Ability to build and maintain cross-functional relationships.
- Possess the highest level of integrity, ethics and professionalism.
- Flexibility to react quickly in a fast-paced high-growth environment
- Detailed working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Teams, Word, Excel, PPT, etc.)
- Experienced with event and project management software.
- Basic familiarity with CRM and email marketing tools such as Salesforce and Marketo
- Travel up to 30%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Hospitality Management, or related field
- CMP (Certified Meeting Professional) designation preferred
Scope Of Impact/Degree Of Independence
- A comprehensive understanding of the organization
- Assist leaders in defining goals and strategic plans
- Failure to achieve goals will have critical impact on success of functional area(s)
Problem Complexity/Decision Making Authority
- Pay impeccable attention to detail, possess strong organizational skills, and ability to multi-task and prioritize activities, as well as work within tight deadlines and budgets
- Able to take direction, but work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Regularly interact with executives and outside vendors
- Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization
We are proudly an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a veteran. In the United States, Manhattan Associates participates in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration. Participation in the E-Verify Program allows Manhattan to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees after the Employment Eligibility Verification Form (Form I-9) has been completed.