Company Name: GitLab
Location: United States (Remote)
Type: Full Time
As the Director of Corporate Events, you’ll strategize, organize and execute internal and external events on behalf of GitLab. You’ll also lead, hire, and mentor a global team of events team members. In this role, you’ll report directly into the VP of Integrated Marketing.
What You’ll Do In This Role
- Drives the development of the overall event marketing strategy for GitLab, communicating and championing the approach to senior leadership, cross-org and to their team.
- Lead planning and production for large scale 1st and 3rd party events, including project management, designing and delivering the event experience.
- Coach, develop and mentor a high-performing team of event specialists and production teams, in addition to cross-functional contributors to achieve the highest level of execution.
- Manage the corporate events budget, including sponsorship, event booth execution and experience, while balancing ROI and aligning spend to strategic goals.
- Negotiate and proactively secure opportunities for GitLab to fully leverage our investment and presence in key industry events and moments.
- Elevate the event experience to differentiate GitLab and engage customers and prospects.
- Support team with on-site execution and management, including staffing and resourcing.
- Own and deliver reporting analysis on performance and business impact.
We’re looking for
- Extensive experience in managing large scale, B2B events client-side or in-house.
- Strong relationship builder, ability to lead cross-functional contributors, in addition to direct reports.
- Collaborative and transparent communicator at all levels of organization, including managing conflict and challenging conversations.
- Track record of empowering team to achieve high level of execution and supporting individuals personal development.
- Equally comfortable and extensive experience with core event logistics and managing complex event programs and related decision-making.
- Skilled at delivering creative and innovative experiential elements that are authentic to the organization and support overall messaging.
Director Performance Indicators
- Net new business created
- Pipe to Spend
- 50% or more SOV compared to most published competitor
- Marketing efficiency ratio
- LTV / CAC ratio
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law . If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation , please let us know during the recruiting process .