Company Name: Aspen Technology
Location: Bedford, MA
Type: Full Time
The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways — from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
We are looking for a strategic, corporate events leader to join our corporate communications team. The ideal candidate will have strong executive presence and confidence and a notable background in running high-caliber corporate events for B2B companies. Experience in a high growth tech company and a desire to work collaboratively with C-Suite leaders, Marketing functional leads, digital collaborators and vendors are important.
Working with an integrated team across corporate communications, product marketing, field marketing, partner marketing and R&D, they will help coordinate the strategy for internal and external corporate events. This position will be the global corporate events leader, reporting into the vice president of corporate communications.
- Plan and execute corporate events with a range of complexity from high profile internal meetings to large-scale industry conferences.
- Oversee all aspects of events, including logistics, budgeting, vendor and partner management, and working with internal stakeholders from Sales and Product Marketing to drive strategy around the event
- Oversee all aspects of events, including logistics, budgeting, vendor and partner management, and working with internal stakeholders to drive strategy around the event.
- Collaborate closely with executives, sales management, field sales, corporate marketing, content marketing, partner marketing, marketing operations and communications to create and deliver integrated corporate events and experiences that tie back to AspenTech’s near term and long term objectives.
- Define marketing plans that create/accelerate opportunities and build executive relationships with customers.
- Collaborate with the brand team to drive a consistent visual brand identity globally
- Drive internal processes for successful project management of the full event
- Advise on corporate event budget – oversee budgets and work with business line and geography stakeholders to ensure compliance
- Meticulously track all event metrics including spend, savings, and avoidance
- Operate events onsite as primary event lead
- Prepare and lead team of on-site trip directors/travel staff
- Leverage a firm grasp on virtual event experiences, platforms and processes to support a fully virtual or hybrid campaign
- Be a strong, inspiring leader to other members of our marketing team, driving creative and thoughtful event strategies that fully utilize all mediums; live, virtual, hybrid, social, video, etc.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 10-15 years prior experience in event planning, hospitality, or related field with direct managerial experience
- Exceptional customer service skills with a passion for hospitality.
- Ability to work independently – strong prioritization and time management skills
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Outlook)
- Basic knowledge of event platforms