Company Name: WeWork
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
The Director of Community Events & Programming for US & Canada is responsible for driving the vision and strategy behind Community Events in our spaces. Events represent an important amenity in providing value to our members and delivering hospitality as part of an extraordinary WeWork experience. Events are where our members come together as a community.
CREATE CLEAR MEMBER EXPECTATIONS
Create clear and consistent expectations for members around Community Events, wherever they are at any time.
DEFINE COMMUNITY TEAM STANDARDS & SIMPLIFY EXECUTION
Create clear internal expectations for what GREAT looks like in terms of Community Events, and provide the tools to achieve that.
ADVANCE OUR GROWTH GOALS
Create a plan for the benefit of more direct, conversational engagement with members, including All Access and On Demand members, so that we can learn more, and better help them grow their businesses with us.
BUDGET WITH CONFIDENCE
Give ourselves the ability to confidently budget for these activities, and to sell this structure to partners who can provide products and defray our expenses. Empower our teams to accurately capture expenses and actualize them against our budget guidelines.
The Director of Community Events & Programming will be responsible for developing, driving, and operationalizing our vision for Community events across the United States & Canada. As context, events at WeWork fall into two broad buckets:
- Community Events, which occur in all buildings in which we operate. These events serve as a member amenity. They may have a social objective, to help our members connect and get to know one another, or a business objective, to help our members build their networks and grow their business knowledge. These events may be produced internally or by a third party, but typically there is no revenue generated from these events as that’s not the goal.
- Paid Events, which primarily take place in a select subset of our spaces that are designated for event usage. These are professionally produced events, and the goal of Paid Events is to generate revenue while also providing another service to our members and to the market at large.
The Director of Community Events and Programming will be a hands-on leader responsible for articulating & driving our vision for Community Events, and will also be a secondary support partner to the Paid Events effort. This will include managing the Senior Manager of Paid Events, who serves as a regional resource for the Paid Events effort across USC. It will also include coordinating and ensuring strong communication & alignment across these efforts among the various market teams.
The Director of Community Events & Programming will be tasked with centralizing our Community event offerings by providing inspiration, tools, and resources to our Community teams as they deliver these experiences. Part of this responsibility includes outlining a weekly cadence event with standardized event types, monitoring Community execution and providing guidelines when necessary, and working closely with local teams to monitor event spend.
The Director of Events & Programming will be responsible for representing ‘the voice of the member’ when developing event strategies, and monitoring event-related NPS and member feedback to iterate on our event offerings when needed.
The Director of Community Events & Programming will lead events for USC, but will also have an international influence, working closely with global counterparts to share best practices and ensure quality and consistency in our Community Events. This position will report to the Global Head of Member Experience, and will work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to enhance our Community Event offerings.
This work is essential to WeWork’s ability to create a member experience that stands out from our competitors, is consistently high quality at all buildings all over the region, and becomes core to our retention and business results.
Essential Functions And Responsibilities
- Develop vision and strategic plans for events & programming across USC, including weekly schedule of events and guidelines for Community teams
- Oversee execution of Community Events across USC, including providing best practices, tools, and resources
- Outline yearly calendar of events and initiatives, including monthly themes, global events and moments to tap into
- Operationalize Community Events Framework to uphold standard of excellence and ensure consistency across region, including remotely monitoring event execution to ensure adherence to guidelines
- Provide budget guidelines for events spend, working to reduce opex in conjunction with finance and Territory Community Leadership to operationalize and track spending
- Represent voice of member in developing events framework and reference member feedback to iterate on framework as it is executed, utilizing Medallia to measure NPS and member feedback
- Liaise with WeWork’s Global Events team to ensure alignment across all event verticals at the company
- Build & lead a small high performing team to drive the Community Events vision and support Community teams in being successful operationalizing the strategy
Qualifications / Experience
- Degree in field related to business, marketing, communications, or advertising
- 5 years work experience, with 3+ in an events, programming, or hospitality focus
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to forecast and maintain working budget
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders company-wide and develop clear cross-functional communication channels
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills
- Strong strategic and critical thinking skills
- Experience in a complex organization which supports a variety of stakeholders
- Track record of success in a fast paced, self-guided work environment