Company Name: CNBC
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
CNBC is seeking a high-performing individual to play a leadership role in growing CNBC Events sponsorship revenue and executing our go-to-market sales strategy. We’re looking for a dynamic team player who will thrive in a fast-paced, hardworking, entrepreneurial atmosphere as part of this high-priority business line.As a Director of CNBC Events Sales, you will be part of the team executing the CNBC Events sales strategy for the global leader in business news and money-themed content. You will help conceive lucrative and editorially compelling event concepts, identify, and pitch potential sponsors and ultimately deliver new revenue to CNBC Events, Television and Digital.Reporting to the Senior Director, you will work both autonomously and in partnership with the CNBC events sales team to close new clients and business. Your main focus will be to drive direct event fee commitments from sponsors for our 40+ annual in-person and virtual events. You will also work with the broader CNBC Events Production and Editorial teams to deliver on, and exceed client expectations. In coordination with broader CNBC Events team, the Director will also work with NBC News Group as we continue to expand our events portfolio, collaborating with News Group editorial leadership to conceive, build, sell and ultimately execute events for the NBC News Group brands.
- Close new business, grow the number and value of sponsors of CNBC events and meet or exceed annual revenue growth targets with a focus on direct event fee commitments
- Collaborate with CNBC Event sales team on the growth and expansion of a portfolio of innovative and cross-platform event offerings
- Play a leadership role in evolving CNBC Event’s go-to-market sales strategy and positioning with CNBC’s roster of current and target clients
- Identify and articulate revenue opportunities within the CNBC brand and editorial mandate; work with the Editorial and Production teams to build new sponsorable events
- Work closely with sponsors through the life cycle of the sale and event to ensure the sponsor’s expectations are met
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in sales across the following industries: Live Events, Media, Digital, Finance, B2B, Auto, Tech, Aviation, Liquor
- Proven experience playing a pivotal role in event sales, planning and execution
- A proven ability to develop complex event programming within an event sales context
- A cross-platform approach to event sales incorporating elements of our Digital and Television products
- Demonstrated ability to drive business development and event execution
- Able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- A strong ability to perform independently and proactively while working in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrate ability to work with a broad range of internal and external clients.
- Solutions oriented
- Well organized and attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills and in-person dynamic with senior client decision makers
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $120,000 – $165,000 (Bonus eligible)
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.