Company Name: Lumentum
Location: San Jose, CA
Type: Full Time
We are seeking an experienced tradeshow and event manager to join our Corporate Marketing team in San Jose, California. In this role, you will have the opportunity t o work collaboratively with other marcom team members, business unit leaders, and sales to plan and flawlessly execute tradeshows in support of company objectives. The ideal candidate will display great attention to detail as well as possess an innate ability to develop new and creative ways to promote our company’s brand at industry events worldwide.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of a variety of event-based programs, including international tradeshows and Lumentum large-scale internal meetings, delivering events that meet defined objectives on schedule and within budget .
- Craft and define event goals, strategies, and ROI measurement criteria and drive planning meetings with stakeholders and virtual teams from start to finish.
- Work closely with cross functional teams such as marcom for all event deliverables including graphic design and sales collateral, product owners to define demo equipment needs, and inventory to prepare the booth and event layouts, and service requirements.
- Collaborate with PR team and business leads to identify speaking opportunities and submit abstracts by deadline
- Coordinate logistics including shipping to and from domestic and international events, hotel rooming lists, booth staff schedules, and—for larger events—onsite setup and tear down and logistics oversight and booth management during run-of-show. Collect and disseminate business leads to Sales and prepare post-show satisfaction surveys and reports
- Maintain tight budget management using Excel to track expenses submitted to accounting and follow through on payments. Establish, track, and monitor budgets of the specific project deliverables, providing quarterly analysis, review, and closure.
- Make recommendations for future improvement for overall process and individual events
- Maintain event calendars and events list on website
- Effectively manage third-party vendors such as exhibit house, graphics production companies, shipping and logistic providers, etc.
- Develop yearly budget forecast for tradeshows and events that contribute to the corporate marketing annual operating plan.
Qualifications And Requirements
- 8-10 years of experience in an exhibit manager role, either in-house corporate or with an exhibit agency
- BS/BA in marketing, communications, business, or related field
- Financial acumen with exceptional budget management, negotiation, and organizational skills; track record of effectively managing a multimillion-dollar budget
- Detail oriented with a hands-on approach to problem solving
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to work across all levels in an organization and with external event agencies
- Strong project management and organizational skills, including the proven ability to handle multiple complex projects simultaneously with multiple audiences and against deadline
- Flexible to travel for week-long periods about 20% of the time, stand/walk for long periods of time, lift heavy boxes (30+ lbs)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Lumentum is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability