Company Name: SEPHORA
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Full Time
The Corporate Events Manager will be a key member of the Sephora Events Team producing internal meetings and events for FSC and internal business partners throughout the Americas. The Corporate Events Manager will also support senior members of the corporate events team in producing field and external audience conferences, both live and virtual throughout the year. Reporting to the Director, Corporate Events and Design, the Corporate Events Manager will execute first-class events aligning with Sephora’s vision and company culture.
This role will produce all aspects of small to medium-scale events from conception to execution, inclusive of virtual events, trade shows, conferences, office events, gratis distribution, giftings for internal teams, etc.
Project management and leadership are central to this position. You have the organizational skills of a project manager, the negotiation skills of a politician, and the ability to converse fluently with interdisciplinary creative teams. You have a comprehensive understanding of how to lay the groundwork and execute events effectively from ideation to full execution. For you, it’s not about checking the box; it’s about working very strategically and thoughtfully while paying attention to the details.
You’re a team player willing to roll up your sleeves to help complete the task at hand. You can take the project and run with it, but you also know when to seek help from team members or managers. You strive to ensure that projects are delivered on time and that all deliverables meet or exceed expectations. Your attention to detail is next level, and you take pride in over-delivering.
You are an effective communicator, value interpersonal relationships, and have extraordinary client service skills. Due to your extensive background, it is essential that you can foresee potential roadblocks and mitigate them while keeping calm in high-pressure situations. You are a creative thinker and self-starter, a fast learner, and comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment with quick turnarounds. You have a solid understanding of current experiential industry trends and have the ability to translate them to meet internal processes and standards.
- Act as main client liaison providing proactive consultation for internal business partners throughout program development and execution while driving service standards and seeking opportunities to enhance user experiences.
- Manage and host virtual event programs on an ongoing basis from inception to completion
- Coordinate site inspections, develop and maintain program timelines, manage program budget and plan all program logistics.
- Confidently lead small to medium event programs and have a comprehensive understanding of all facets of event production/management/conference production: develop comprehensive work backs, rooming blocks, registration, manage BEOs, F & B, stage production, talent oversight, project management, hotel negotiation and contracting, contract and invoice management, attendee management, travel, transportation, insurance, travel, branding, design, décor, F & B, entrance and exit, event flow, security, budgets, staffing, pre-production bible development, and leading team meetings.
- Creatively design each event environment to achieve client goals and purposes that align with company culture.
- Coordinate vendors and venues including hotels, event production companies, and all third-party suppliers from procurement to completion while maintaining the project budget.
- Negotiate vendor budgets to maximize company savings and obtain maximum concessions.
- Effectively manage event staff and volunteers, including conducting of training sessions to fully engage support teams.
- Travel onsite to programs to ensure continuity and exceptional business partner service
- Manage reconciliation of final bill and post-program deliverables and coordinate post-con reporting including event analysis, spending reports, surveys, attendance feedback, and other ROI metrics for company records.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments
- Grace under pressure (Is a MUST) – calm and logical problem-solving when issues arise.
- An expansive network of relationships in fabrication, florals, catering, design, virtual platforms, A/V, production, and staffing in major markets such as SF, Las Vegas, New York, and Phoenix.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in event management, hospitality, marketing, or related fields
- Experience working with a variety of virtual platforms used for events and online event management systems.
- Minimum 5-6 years of agency or corporate events experience producing large brands and/or studios event experiences
- 3-4 of those years must include producing small to medium conferences from ideation to execution.
- A minimum of 2 years leading and producing virtual events.
- 2-3 years experience in event marketing, sourcing, planning, executing, and evaluating programs with precise detail in a deadline-driven environment
- Exceptional client and vendor management skills
- Effectively manage budgets ranging from $100,000 to $1 million dollars.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organizational, decision-making, and conflict-resolution skills.
- Proficient in MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Google Drive, including Docs, Spreadsheets, Slides, and Gmail
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- An event agency background is preferred with experience managing/working on a wide range of different types of events (For example, festivals, brand activations, red carpets, influencer programs, conferences, in-office events, virtual events, trade shows, and influencer events)
- Ability to travel –up to 15% of the time.
The target annual base salary range for this position is $120,000.00 – $135,000.00 The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the applicant’s qualifications for the position; years of relevant experience; specific and unique skills; level of education attained; certifications or other professional licenses held; other legitimate, non-discriminatory business factors specific to the position; and the geographic location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will perform the job. Individuals employed in this position may also be eligible to earn bonuses. Sephora offers a generous benefits package to full-time employees, which includes comprehensive health, dental and vision plans; a superior 401(k) plan, various paid time off programs; employee discount/perks; life insurance; disability insurance; flexible spending accounts; and an employee referral bonus program.
While at Sephora, you’ll enjoy…
- The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented leaders and teams – people you can be proud to work with.
- The learning. We invest in training and developing our teams, and you will continue evolving and building your skills through personalized career plans.
- The culture. As a leading beauty retailer within the LVMH family, our reach is broad, and our impact is global. It is in our DNA to innovate and, at Sephora, all 40,000 passionate team members across 35 markets and 3,000+ stores, are united by a common goal – to reimagine the future of beauty.
Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.