Company Name: Sephora
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Full Time
The Manager, Corporate Events will be a key member of the Sephora Events Team producing internal meetings and events for FSC and internal business partners throughout the Americas. The Manager, Corporate Events will also support senior members of the corporate events team in producing field and external audience conferences throughout the year. Reporting into the Senior Manager, Corporate Events, the Manager, Corporate Events will execute first-class events aligning with Sephora’s vision and company culture.
- Act as main client liaison providing proactive consultation for internal business partners throughout program development and execution while driving service standards and seeking opportunities to enhance user experiences.
- Coordinate site inspections, develop and maintain program timelines, manage program budget and plan all program logistics.
- Creatively design each event environment to achieve client goals and purposes that align with company culture.
- Implement logistical elements of program including meeting space, attendee management, travel, transportation, technology platforms, F&B and AV with advice and support of Senior Manager, Corporate Events.
- Coordinate vendors and venues including hotels, DMC’s, event production companies and all third-party suppliers from procurement to completion while maintaining the project budget.
- Consult with Senior Manager, Corporate Events to negotiate vendor budgets to maximize company savings.
- Effectively manage event staff and volunteers, including conducting of training sessions to fully engage support teams.
- Travel onsite to programs to ensure continuity and exceptional business partner service
- Manage reconciliation of final bill and post-program deliverables and coordinate post-con reporting including event analysis, reports of spending, attendance feedback, and other ROI metrics for company records.
- Collaborate with Senior Manager, Corporate Events and internal business units to craft and execute event strategies.
- Manage event logistics and budget for Employee Engagement Events in support of corporate communication team goals
- Support Senior Manager, Corporate Events and Director, Corporate Events as needed on additional corporate event programs
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in event management, hospitality, marketing, or related fields
- Minimum 4+ years of event management experience (preferably corporate events or agency)
- Some experience in event marketing, sourcing, planning, executing, and evaluating programs with precise detail in a deadline-driven environment
- Experience managing budgets from inception to final reconciliation with strong negotiation skills
- Able to demostrate strategic thinking on all program related matters with with alignment to the company vision
- Able to create and promote new and innovative event ideas and design to deliver unique user experiences
- Exceptional client and vendor management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude and team player with willingness to roll up sleeves when necessary
- Ability to travel –up to 15% of the time.