Company Name: GoDaddy
Location: Scottsdale, AZ; Tempe, AZ
Type: Full Time
The Corporate Events Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing corporate events and activities. The position also manages the corporate swag program. This position works hand in hand with various internal departments and external partners across the country.The ability to manage, coordinate and execute activation and implementation needs for GoDaddy events within, but not limited to these main areas of responsibility.
- Conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities.
- Negotiate venue contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment.
- Make travel arrangements including air, hotel, and transportation including group travel for events.
- Maintain excellent communication with internal clients, vendors, and all other persons within a given event.
- Manage event budgets and provide periodic progress reports to staff directors for each event project.
- Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting.
- Manage scheduling of events on the company calendar.
- Build and manage event registration websites.
- Develop, revise, and implement email communications for invitations and informational event updates.
- Create and manage event task timelines.
- Manage on-site production and clean up for events as necessary.
- Manage all logistics and inventory needs for events, some of which may take place simultaneously.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Create and develop event planning guide books for our global offices.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
- Manage creative needs and process from initial request through fulfillment for custom swag orders.
- Refresh the home page of the online store quarterly with new creative material.
- Send quarterly marketing campaigns to increase product sales.
- Monitor product inventory and update products as needed.
- Coordinate quarterly pop-up stores at GoDaddy offices.
- 5 years relevant work experience in a planning and/or event focused role in a corporate setting.
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment setting a high bar for your own performance.
- Must be a results oriented person who goes the extra mile to get the job done.
- Proficient in Microsoft office programs (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Resourceful and enthusiastic. You’re always on the hunt for the answer to any question. If you don’t know it, you find it, stat!
- Organized. If you’re not detail-oriented, you should probably skip this career opportunity.