Company Name: iCapital Network
Location: New York City, NY
Type: Full Time
iCapital Network is looking for an experienced and talented Corporate Events Director to reinforce the iCapital brand and enhance client loyalty through impactful and expertly executed client events. This person upholds the ideals of iCapital with a clear understanding of premium service, defining and developing exceptional ‘white glove’ experiences and events, and ensuring client events are a superb expression of iCapital.
This strategic, motivated, detail-oriented, and flexible individual will work with iCapital leadership to plan the events calendar and every aspect of each event; select venues, work with contracted service providers and the marketing team to manage client and prospect events hosted by iCapital, and iCapital’s presence and activities as a sponsor or participant at industry events hosted by others.
The ideal candidate is well-versed in the tenets of a premier client experience, is able to develop unique and impactful events, has exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills, the ability to multi-task, and excellently time manage. This events manager will reinforce business to client relations, enhance iCapital’s image, and flawlessly deliver on event objectives.
This role will provide the right candidate with a chance to shine in a fast-paced, high-growth environment that values leadership, accountability, and attention to detail. The Senior Vice President, Corporate Events Management is a core member of the Marketing team and will work closely with senior leadership, sales, and research and due diligence teams in the development of meeting agendas and content.
- Work with the Head of Channel Marketing, and members of the Executive Team to define the global annual events agenda, consisting of owned events and those in which iCapital participates as a sponsor.
- Develop and manage the event strategy and execution from start to finish and proactively develop various components (including event concept, invitee list, content agenda, registration, creative theme, travel, décor, catering menus, entertainment, social activations, etc.) involving key stakeholders and external agencies as appropriate.
- Manage production companies, agencies, and vendors to ensure they are meeting the specific goals and guidelines that are in line with iCapital’s strategy, brand, image & budget.
- Develop event concepts based on guidelines, to include sales and brand awareness and perception, and sales goals.
- Work with local cultural organizations, philanthropic groups, and business organizations to create strategic partnerships and events with long term benefits.
- Monitor and evaluate the event process, concepts, and results. Generate feedback and metrics, creative solutions, and new ideas to add value to be used in event development.
- Negotiate with vendors for contracts and pricing to maximize the benefits received.
- Create, manage, and monitor budgets for network programs and areas of strategic corporate events. Monitor budgets monthly.
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
- Hire and develop an exceptional events management team as appropriate to the growing needs of the organization.
- Undergraduate degree in Communications, Public Relations, or Hospitality
- 6+ years of work experience in luxury hospitality and/or corporate client events required
- Demonstrated success running high-profile events globally
- Strong interpersonal communication and marketing skills
- Experience with project management
- Detail-oriented to ensure polished output is free of inaccuracies and typos
- Able to work independently and manage complex event projects
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Excellent budget management skills
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
- Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills. Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and is comfortable and successful in a fast-paced environment
Who You Are
- You have a strong understanding of how to provide luxury service and exceptional experiences for iCapital clients.
- Someone who constantly seeks new and creative ways to meet the changing needs of our clients.
- A strong influencer with skills to persuade and negotiate.
- Creative problem solver, strong attention to detail, motivated, self-starter.
- Able and willing to shift between managing processes and providing “hands-on” support to ensure things get done.
- Able to work effectively with all company levels from executives and senior management to outside partners and support staff.
- Able to work both as part of a team and independently; and demonstrate initiative.
- Must be a team player, proactive, enthusiastic, and positive with professional maturity.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation, with a track record for delivering to plan.
- Have the flexibility to adapt quickly to changing circumstances; able to proactively question and challenge, to prioritize and identify solutions in a timely manner.
- Must have proven experience handling multiple projects simultaneously and is comfortable and successful in a fast-paced environment
- Able and willing to work extended hours and travel as needed.
- Have a collaborative approach with the ability to foster a united work environment with a “can do” attitude.
- Able to project an approachable and professional image in personal appearance, manner, and demeanor.