Company Name: MathWorks
Location: Natick, MA (Hybrid)
Type: Full Time
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Seeking a seasoned event marketing professional to build out and lead a world-class Corporate Events team and help MathWorks strategically scale its largest customer-facing and internal events.
This position will sit at our corporate headquarters located in Natick, MA. MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. MathWorks nurtures growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values teamwork, shares success, and rewards excellence.
- Lead all aspects of in-person and online event planning and execution, including budgeting, site selection, content and program management, audio/visual production, registration, logistics, and post-event evaluation.
- Develop scalable event strategies, leverage best practices and processes, and propose initiatives that anticipate and reflect the changing needs of the company and industry trends.
- Develop and lead a high-performance event management team, leveraging existing event planning and execution resources within the company, as well as recruiting external talent
- Partner with senior decision-makers to define event objectives, schedules, required resources and measures of success for all events. Develop and present proposals to senior managers and other internal stakeholders, as appropriate
- Collaborate and coordinate with international field teams, internal support teams (e.g., audio/visual, travel, facilities) and other cross-functional departments to ensure flawless planning and execution of events
- Work with adjacent teams on development of effective experiential marketing and promotional strategies
- Prepare RFPs for event services, negotiate and execute contracts/agreements with venues, speakers, transportation and audio-visual companies, and other ancillary services for all events
- Manage all relevant vendor and staff resources on-site to ensure flawless execution of events
- Document and continuously improve all event related processes
- A bachelor’s degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required. 2 years management experience is required.
- 10+ years of event and experiential marketing experience in the high technology or software industry required
- 5+ years of direct management experience required
- A proven track record of planning and executing complex, large-scale events (5000+ participants); demonstrated experience leading global event programs consisting of in-person, virtual, and hybrid formats
- Superior negotiation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with executive management and outside vendors
- Strong analytical skills; ability to demonstrate event ROI
- Experience implementing event and project management systems (e.g., Cvent, Jira)